The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Celebrity protesters and Extinction Rebellion > Comments

Celebrity protesters and Extinction Rebellion : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 22/10/2019

They also believe in taking sponsorship from the very same entities who are doing their best (or worst) to engage in matters of existential oblivion.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I don't see a problem with Celebrities, giving their support to climate rebels! I mean, who else is?

However, the protest must change if it intends to keep the bulk of the vox pop onside!

And should just morph into truly massive street marches that protest in peace! And must not under any circumstances, allow itself to be highjacked by violent anarchists! Who if allowed will completely sabotage the message and any chance of forcing real reform

The first being, our energy policy or lack thereof!

And with that essential change begin to both decarb the economy and massively turbocharge it!

They're not mutually exclusive ideals and the word nuclear is not the energy whose name cannot be mentioned! Especially, given it has the lowest death toll per gigawatt of energy produced!

And importantly, is carbon-free, reliable, dispatchable, clean, cheap, safe energy! And given the right model is chosen? MSR thorium. Able to produce CARBON-FREE power for less than 3 cents PKWH!

If either coal or gas power was subject to the same rogue emissions controls, both would be forced to shut down tomorrow, given coal-fired smokestacks among other pollution emission, can and have emitted uranium. And fracked gas when burned, produces, radioactive radon gas!

It matters not that it's not harmful, just that it exceeds the same standards as applied to the nuclear energy industry!

It's the sheer number of voting age protestors marching and waving placards and banners that get the attention of the mendacious, recalcitrant and diabolically disingenuous decision-makers as they start to understand that it is their immediate future that's risked by inaction!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 22 October 2019 9:50:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
a whole article without a snide remark about Trump. You are improving Binoy.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 22 October 2019 10:52:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Your article is an interesting insight the mind of a modern environmentalist. "Stars" promote themselves no matter what the cause, climate change, kill Trump, "Me-too-ism", anti vaccinations, pro veganism etc..... Its their game, they act/lie for a living.... They are narcistic my nature and training, so what else do you expect!

What concerns me more is your adoration of Greta et al and XR. They are the real charlatans! The world is an amazing place, but you need to read more that just what appears in social media and/or your smartphone. The "end of all days" is not coming thru climate change, unless we continue to allow this climate change cult to virtue signal us into extinction and make us all jump (lemming style) of the edge of this flat earth!
Posted by Alison Jane, Tuesday, 22 October 2019 10:54:15 AM
Did Binoy actually say anything in this piece, or was it just waffle to get published?

Well Binoy, perhaps you should look at the other side of the story. Try the French yellow jackets or the Dutch farmers. Not just a bunch of noisy know nothing kids, with a few serial protesters along for the ride, but real people who have had enough of elites trying to stuff up their lives with the idiot global warming scam.

Yes I know, it has been a huge windfall for universities who now probably couldn't survive without the cash flow it has generated, & these useless kids have found something exciting to do, instead of smoking dope, but it is still a scam.

What, you really believe it? Well I guess that proves just how bad our education system has become.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 22 October 2019 11:19:13 AM
I got out of this article, the demonstration of hypocrisy of the extinctioners.

I can't agree more. To be genuine to their cause, should include a focus on the worst offenders, Asian polluters.

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 22 October 2019 12:42:08 PM
Where can we find a complete list of already extinct biodiversity on this planet?
Posted by JF Aus, Tuesday, 22 October 2019 6:20:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy