The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The political house of cards > Comments

The political house of cards : Comments

By Ken Calvert, published 19/8/2019

In the past it's been the global Green movement that has been declaring that clean green invisible carbon dioxide, the life food of all the plants on the planet, is 'dirty carbon'.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
The two biggest threats to the world? Not climate change: China and the Greens.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 19 August 2019 8:40:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
One doesn't have to be a demented old moribund fool to not understand that the climate is changing/has changed! But it has to help!?

Even then one only need visit some of the drought-ravaged farms in NSW and see barren parched pasture land minus a single blade of grass and where starving stock are too weak to get up off of the ground and go eat the hay that barely nourishes them, to understand how desperate this CO2 caused manmade climate change is!

Yes, the climate is cyclical, the sun waxes (heats up) and the planet warms.

Conversely, when it wanes (cools) the planet also cools! And given our solar orb has been in a waning phase since the mid-seventies. (NASA) What we should be experiencing now, should have been a cooling period replete with advancing ice. And a milder climate.

Not heatwaves and hottest driest years etc on record! Nor the complete absence of summer ice off the Alaskan coast! Or small Pacific nations forced to relocate due to rising sea levels!

It's all fake news, conspiracies and doctored videos say the coal-fired sceptics as they see their coal-fired dividends diminish or disappear! With their typical, I'm all right Jack, oblivious attitude!

Burn plastic Why? Are you completely nuts! There's a virtual nationwide fire ban! Besides, some recycled plastic can be turned into bull bars with a tensile strength only equalled by steel. And can be used in 3D printers to make all manner of useful products.

Plastic doesn't have to come from oil, can come from various commercial and biological waste and even seawater. And using proven science! The same science can also produce all our fuel from endlessly available seawater! Who needs oil!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 19 August 2019 10:43:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Not heatwaves and hottest driest years etc on record! Nor the complete absence of summer ice off the Alaskan coast! Or small Pacific nations forced to relocate due to rising sea levels". Alan did you read any of this ancient totally refuted tripe, before you cut & pasted it. & do you really think the suggestion was to burn plastic in a paddock to generate electricity. Cone on mate.

Sometimes I think you start drinking too early.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 19 August 2019 11:15:43 AM
I see that someone is processing the plastic bags etc and making railway sleepers.
A friend has made bars with the same process in his garage and made
very strong parts.

BTW is anybody getting the daily notices of new posts ?
I haven't seen them for at least a year.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 19 August 2019 1:33:17 PM
Ancient and totally refuted tripe, Hasbeen? What are you claiming, that NASA scientists make stuff up!? Suggest you go to some western town in NSW and pay a visit to a few of the drought-ravaged farms and make the same absurd claims.

As for alcohol, haven't touched a drop for years! That's your gig!?

As for financial interests colouring outcomes? I'll bet my house that the average oil or coal industry executive takes home a much as ten times that of any NASA or climate scientist! ANY!?

So who has the most to lose!?

However, if climate science has been refuted?

Who refuted and when?

Some aging vodka-soaked, Russian acidemic in the pocket of oil oligarch Vladimir Putin, perhaps? Or some financially conflicted oil industry geologist?

Name, title, articles and Authors please Has! Put up or just shut up!

Bet my house, you cannot produce so much as one reputable peer-reviewed scientific article to support your bellicose belligerent assertive assertions!?

Perhaps we have to rely on the gospel according to "Honourable" Hasbeen? Well?

Then we wonder why the economy is tanking and getting worse, with no end in sight to the contraction?

Go to any reputable investment bank and try and raise finance for a new coal mine or a coal-fired power station!

Perhaps all the investment bankers and insurance executives are just dummies who don't know their ass from their elbow!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 19 August 2019 4:47:11 PM
Oh Lordy Lordy,

Do we really still have people saying things like; "In the past it's been the global Green movement, closely aligned with the UN and the IPCC, that has been able to keep declaring that, clean green invisible carbon dioxide, the life food of all the plants on the planet, is "dirty carbon"."

Even the more prominent skeptics aren't spouting this kind of guff. The scientific literacy around the impact of CO2 is at a level now that most people, even ardent critics of AGW, wouldn't try this tired shtick.

If we are going to have deniers posting articles on OLO can we at least have some kind of minimum standard.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 19 August 2019 9:17:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy