The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > If boys and girls are different, we need to teach them differently > Comments

If boys and girls are different, we need to teach them differently : Comments

By Peter West, published 30/7/2019

Chromosomes are the strings of DNA packed into the cell nuclei that makes you and me what we are. They are 46; we get 23 from our mother and 23 from our father.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Dear Banjo,

I always read your posts with great pleasure and
not only learn so much from them but they brighten
up my day as well.

Thank You.

I remember George quite well. And also enjoyed
sharing thoughts with him.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 2 August 2019 11:19:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard

Dear ALTRAV,

You wrote :

1. « I must confess not subscribing to any particular third-party beliefs, such as Buddhism »

Wisdom can be found anywhere, ALTRAV – even where you least expect it. Only wise men can learn from fools and only fools cannot learn from wise men.

2. « As for the belief that the male is the dominant species, it has to be so »

That is a declaration of a fatalist, ALTRAV, the belief that human beings are ruled by determinism, that we have no control over our lives.

Not according to the physicists :

http://evolutionnews.org/2014/12/no_determinism/

3. « There are always those who are out of step with nature, either by birth or by choice »

No, people are not “out of step with nature”, ALTRAV. Nature has propelled us human beings to a degree of evolution far superior to all other animal species and all other life forms. We are no longer at the same primitive level of development as, for example, the ape family from which we emerged about 7 million years ago.

It is nature that has made us the way we are. We no longer think or act like other animals. Just look at the apes. We have evolved and become civilised. The apes haven’t budged. They’re still the same. Do you think we should go back to living like apes, swinging in the trees ?

Men do not have to fight-off competitors to gain the right to copulate with females. Females are not under the “protection” of dominant males, confined to giving birth to babies, feeding and raising them until they can fare on their own.

We no longer live in a world of dinosaurs and pterodactyls, ALTRAV. Wake-up, my friend, you’re having a nightmare. We don’t live in caves, dress in animal skins and hunt with rocks and spears.

If anybody’s “out of step with nature”, ALTRAV, it’s you. Where have you been for the past 5 or 6 million years ?

Come on, wake-up. This is the 21st century … A.D !

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Saturday, 3 August 2019 3:21:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Banjo,

you ask the wrong questions.
You believe in the wrong things.
You presume too much.
And you are out of touch with reality.
Take a look around you and you will see the very apes you believe no longer exist.
Mankind has not progressed at all, we just look better, dress better, live better, but we are still acting like the apes, at times even swinging from trees and other ape like activities and habits.
Our instincts and physique has not changed much at all.
The ape is still there deep inside, it comes out every now and then through certain types of people.
You see nature is a bitch, certain things have not changed since we evolved into homo sapiens.
The animal kingdom like all living things has always had rules no different than when the cells begin to develop when the egg and the sperm unite.
That act is the beginning of life.
How is it then that the formation of a living thing knows exactly what to do to develop into a living organism forming itself into a perfect human being.
Nature has the key to the DNA of all living organisms, whether flora or fauna.
Things change slowly over millions of years.
This latest generation has forced changes that are not in keeping with the natural rate of change, both in time and form.
In other words, where we were before today, was a slow and natural development and rate of change, and it occurred naturally without any external influence or forces, especially from the species themselves.
You are way off track when you say we have no control over our lives.
We DO have control over our lives, it's our DNA we have no control over.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 3 August 2019 5:19:09 AM
continued.................

People choose to be disgusting animals they demonstrate they clearly are, that is the test of having control, or not, over their lives.
The formation of a queer is the result of an imbalance within the development of the egg as it undergoes it's growth into the formation of a child.
It stands to reason and by simple and pragmatic deduction, that any life form with deformities or flaws, such as in humans produce dwarfs or queers, just to name two, are not, because of their flaws, normal healthy human beings.
By the same logic, women also have a particular DNA, and as such have a pre-concieved specification, both physically and emotionally, which includes the caveat of child bearing and child rearing.
Remember, nature stipulated that she who gives birth to a child, must also nurture that child.
This is a law of nature, and any attempt to change that will result in problems.
And these problems are ever present and obvious today.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 3 August 2019 5:19:31 AM

Dear ALTRAV,

In your last post, there is one instance where either you misread or misunderstood what I wrote, and another where you seem to have forgotten what you wrote yourself, or perhaps you did not fully understand the significance of what you wrote. Here are the details :

You wrote :

1. « Take a look around you and you will see the very apes you believe no longer exist »
I did not claim that apes no longer exist, ALTRAV. I wrote :
« Just look at the apes. We have evolved and become civilised. The apes haven’t budged. They’re still the same »

2. « You are way off track when you say we have no control over our lives »

I did not say that we have no control over our lives, ALTRAV. You did. You wrote : “As for the belief that the male is the dominant species, it has to be so”.

I disagreed that “it has to be so” and provided scientific evidence that there is no determinism in nature and that, contrary to what you declared, it does not "have to be so" because we have the ability to control our lives. I replied :

« That is a declaration of a fatalist, ALTRAV, the belief that human beings are ruled by determinism, that we have no control over our lives. Not according to the physicists : http://evolutionnews.org/2014/12/no_determinism/ »

(Continued …)

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Sunday, 4 August 2019 2:01:59 AM

(Continued …)

There are two other statements that you made that, in my view, are incorrect :

1. « Mankind has not progressed at all, we just look better, dress better, live better, but we are still acting like the apes, at times even swinging from trees and other ape like activities and habits »

Of course, we still have much in common with apes, ALTRAV, but it is obvious that we human beings have made tremendous progress since we emerged from the ape family. There have been major anatomical and behavioural changes which, of course, could not have occurred or been perpetuated from generation to generation, without a certain degree of genetic modification. Perhaps the most important change has been the size and intellectual capacity of our brain which is three times the size of that of an ape and far more powerful.

2. « … the cells begin to develop when the egg and the sperm unite. That act is the beginning of life »

No, ALTRAV, that is not the "beginning of life". Life on earth began about 3.5 billion years ago. Since then, it has been relayed from generation to generation within each species – which is what you are referring to, the "relay of life" – not the "beginning of life".

Before signing off, I think I now have a fairly good understanding of your position on so-called “gender equality” and, hopefully, you have a fairly good understanding of mine.

To sum up : you consider that we should obey the laws of nature and act like animals. I consider that nature has developed us human beings with a far greater intellectual capacity and degree of autonomy (free will) than all other life forms and that so-called “gender equality” is simply a consequence of our unique natural development compared to that of all other life forms.

With that, ALTRAV, I bid you farewell on this thread and look forward to future discussions with you on whatever other topics we may find of mutual interest.

Posted by Banjo Paterson, Sunday, 4 August 2019 2:29:13 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy