The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Olive reincarnations and Elvis on Mars: Boris Johnson becomes British PM > Comments

Olive reincarnations and Elvis on Mars: Boris Johnson becomes British PM : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 25/7/2019

The new British PM and Tory leader is a piece of truly befuddled work, one who still manages to play the card of the electable clown.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
ok, I get you think Johnson is a dud, not a 'dude'.

but, I don't get what article is about.

after all, Britain does face difficult questions in line with legitimate democratic demands.

Britain does have the added difficulty of dealing with both the EU and Ireland. Hence, I don't believe that anyone can offer 100% consistent arguments to two vastly different issues for the UK.

And an overwhelming majority of the party voted for Johnson.

There are real reasons why the majority of UK people voted to leave the EU, and I don't think the reasons can be lampooned as crude examples of racism or anything else.

I remember expressing concerns about China around 2010 at a political studies conference in Sydney, and of course, the halfwit immediately lampooned me as some kind of racist because no one ever has the right to question do gooders who love to tell you how the world should be whereas very often these supposed political experts don't really have a clue.
Posted by Chris Lewis, Thursday, 25 July 2019 8:38:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Once again, the 'experts' were wrong: the favorite never gets elected they said smugly. Boris romped in. Now he can deliver the Brits from the Evil Empire, the EU.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 25 July 2019 9:22:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Brexit by 31 October for Boris.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 25 July 2019 9:45:02 AM
Boris has sacked most of his inherited cabinet, ridding himself and Britain of the dud May's hangers-on - those who didn't believe in the democracy of the Brexit referendum. Good start. Long live Boris.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 25 July 2019 9:54:58 AM
This man has an ego that's a danger to shipping, craves power for power's sake And is a fool?

Get ready for a global recession as this pretender and his counterpart (Putin's man) in Washington work their economic illiteracy on the world economy?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 25 July 2019 10:48:11 AM
Paul Hogan predicted the rise of Boris when Hoges was floggin packs of Winfields for the princely sum of 40 cents a pack! (in the 1970s).

Hoges' immortal words?

"Let'er rip BORIS"

See Hoges' ad http://youtu.be/w4i6kADXfxE
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 25 July 2019 11:54:25 AM
Takes one to know one a Alan.

Isn't the British system of "great schools" a paradox. Far left of the public who have to pay for this bastion of privilege, they cling to their traditions, just as they claim their privilege.

Boris, like that bloke on the other side of the pond, has rebelled against all that is false in those traditions, & the lesser folk, who are supported by the traditions, & not much else, hate him for it.

When he pulls the UK, one of the major financial plugs supporting the swamp of the EU, there is a good chance much of the filth it has become will drain away, taking a great load off the backs of Europeans.

The EU commission knows full well, that with a large net contributor gone, their budget will have to shrink, probably leading to a collapse of the whole house of cards.

You can bet many at that other disgusting leach, the UN are feeling less secure polishing their expensive leather today.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 25 July 2019 11:55:29 AM
Hasbeen,

Right on.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 25 July 2019 12:21:11 PM
POEM IN CELEBRATION OF BORIS' CORONATION

Putin, Morrison, Boris[1], Trump
Conservatives all, rightwing rump

Labor lost in leftwing waltz
Weak politicians despair in schmaltz

Who’s to label rightwing wrong
When art of politics is cynical strong

All causes: climate, rich, poor, cannot be served
Good intentions $$$ rationed curbed

Academics purport to humane left
Ivory Towers leave poor bereft

The art of politics is to win[2]
Noble failures have no kin

Those in power
Can goodness shower

Those who lose
On failure booze

So though we moan swings to right
Won elections trump all
Good night.

By Pete

[1] http://youtu.be/zgBGUPQMlf4
[2] http://youtu.be/daOH-pTd_nk
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 25 July 2019 4:50:48 PM
Plantagenet needs be reminded.
Not to dip his pen in ink.
Or 18C will find him
Writing prose in the Klink.
Posted by LEGO, Thursday, 25 July 2019 6:32:30 PM
Thanks for your concern LEGO

But I hazard there are no 18C sensitivities because no worthy racial, nor LGBTQI, minorities

were "harmed in the making of this movie"

or poem.

Cheers
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 25 July 2019 9:21:37 PM
I was visiting in Britain a few years back and read a local paper.
A local town had got permission for a bypass road to reduce congestion
in their old narrow streets. County Council approved, but then Brussels
said No you cannot build it, contravenes EU rules !
I said to my host, Is Britain a colony of Brussels ? Yes he said.

Funny enough I just read the other day that when the EU commission was
being setup it was looking for an organisational model.
It decided that the British Colonial Office was the best fit for their needs.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 30 July 2019 5:08:30 PM
Boris may be the best stirrer the EU needs. By only proposing a model
that was unacceptable to Britain they hoped to discourage others.
It would have left them tied to the EU.
I notice that Nexit is next in line. They have formed a get out party
in Holland and it is getting membership up. No dount they are watching Brexit.
Itxit on the horizon.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 30 July 2019 5:51:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy