The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Labor's election campaign breaks the golden rule > Comments

Labor's election campaign breaks the golden rule : Comments

By Brendan O'Reilly, published 13/5/2019

Instead of doing merely this, Labor could not resist announcing a raft of big-spending policies, the removal of many tax concessions, and an expansion of an already radical climate-change policy.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
We know that the Coalition has been disappointing, to say the least; and the Opposition is determined to do worse with its uncosted, big spending, big government promises. But,the fact is, most people vote the same way they do every election. Let's have voluntary, non-preferential voting and leave it to serious people who care what happens.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 13 May 2019 9:45:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn, if you think our governments are bad, have a look at what the Poms get!
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 13 May 2019 10:33:36 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Awwwwwwwwwwww shucks, golly golly gumdrops. There, there ickle diddums. I know they are not fighting fair and ignoring their political master's evocations!

What is the world coming to!?

What's next Brendon, some innovative and intelligent reform proposals instead of the usual he said she said BS that so marks electioneering and divide and rule, business as usual (dirty tricks and dirty double-dealing deals done in the dead of night) politics?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 13 May 2019 11:10:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*...Let's have voluntary, non-preferential voting and leave it to serious people who care what happens...*

I wholeheartedly agree.
What I've learned though the years, after tearing the ballot paper up, post it unto the box where those with an interest put their completed ballot papers, not the garbage; that is if you don't wish to eyeball a panicky electoral staff member.

Most people I ever discuss voting as a subject with, share my view, that voting is a task to perform to avoid a fine.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 13 May 2019 12:51:38 PM
There always occurs the afterthought:

I believe, (since I saw this with my own eyes), a magistrate has the power to remove your name from the electoral role.

I was attending one of my many and numerous visits to a court room, when a young bloke was standing before the judge in conversation.
It was obviously part of the reason for his attendance.

The young bloke was objecting to a fine for not voting. (Among other things).
The judge made him an offer to remove his name from the role.
Both seemed pretty gleeful.

Dan
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 13 May 2019 1:04:42 PM
Volutaryingly surrender your right to vote by agreeing to be struck off the role, may also allow your rights as a citizen to be denied? Like Forrest Gump, that well-known genius would have noted, stupid is as stupid does!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 13 May 2019 3:35:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy