The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Trump could replicate Golan Heights decision in Judea and Samaria > Comments

Trump could replicate Golan Heights decision in Judea and Samaria : Comments

By David Singer, published 5/4/2019

Such a Trump proclamation would blunt the rising tide of rabid Jew-hatred within the United Nations, UNESCO, the United Nations Human Rights Council and the European Union.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
Dear Ttbn,

Indeed, Israel cannot afford to return the Golan Heights to Syria.
On the other hand, it continues to bleed from within due to its 1967 occupation of which the Golan Heights are a part. I don't care for the Syrian/Muslims, but I do care for the people of Israel and the internal harmful effects of that occupation to the Israeli society.

The best solution for the Golan Heights, is probably to establish there a Druze state. The majority of the Golan's population are Druze, not Muslims and the Druze have mostly been allies of Israel.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 6 April 2019 10:33:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Trump may be a most unusual POTUS, and even a bit crazy. But he sure as hell is a leader not afraid to do what is right as opposed to what is politically correct. We need a few more leaders with fire in the belly in place of the many spineless leaders that offer themselves for our votes in Australia. Scomo, while not the tops is not included in the latter group because he at least has some principles.
Posted by Pliny of Perth, Monday, 8 April 2019 12:31:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://youtu.be/Iq3cEMIsPws
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 9 April 2019 1:11:16 AM
Pliny.
Whenever I am ‘compelled’ to comment on Trump, even those I had considered ‘reasonable’ people, they are ALL affected with ‘Trump Derangement Syndrome’ (TDS), all I can respond with is “don’t look at who he is (as an individual), look at what he has done”. How many previous American presidents have ‘recognised’ Jerusalem as Isreals’ capital, and who has actually decided to have the embassy there?. How many presidents have drawn a ‘red line’ against using chemical weapons in Syria? Trump, the NEXT DAY, successfully bombed the airfield used to launch the attack. I wonder if they will try that again?.
These are only the foreign policy areas, the same is happening with domestic police.
I am given a totally blank look by my then interlocutor. They have no actual coherent responce. He will be re-elected on the basis of giving the finger to the PC crowd and actually doing what he said he would do.
I do wish he would leave the ‘twitter alone at times. However, if ‘little rocket man’ , Putin and Xi Jimping think they may be dealing with a ‘mad man’, this could, in itself, make them pause and re-consider.
Alan B. I am pretty sure you are not using illicit substances and I recognise your rhetorical flourishes. In the main, you make quite a lot of sense with coherent comment, just don’t agree with some is all. No offence intended.
Some of the mainstream media should heed the advice of ttbn I think..... but their TDS is quite incurable. Perhaps some small, insignificant accounts clerk will be quietly asking them to keep an eye on their ratings. (Some of the people, some of the time)
Posted by Prompete, Tuesday, 9 April 2019 5:21:24 AM
I've supported Trump since prior to the election;
But not because of his pandering to Israel or his neocon foreign policy.
But because of his domestic policies and his campaigning against foreign interventions.

Trumps ended up doing nothing for the US citizens that elected him and everything for Israel.
Syria was my red line and Trump has now crossed it with his Golan Heights decision.
I officially wrote Trump off about a week or so back.

I don't have 'Trump Derangement Syndrome', or it's more acute form 'Trump Hate Psychosis';
But in any case he's no longer the person I supported during the 2016 campaign.

- Donald Trump can go and get stuffed -
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 10 April 2019 12:19:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy