The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Trumped by Trump > Comments

Trumped by Trump : Comments

By Everald Compton, published 20/7/2018

But, the world will not end as there have been buffoons like him since the beginning of time.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Dear Kirby483,

It appears you are reluctant to play.

Understandable but not very sporting I must say. Well let's for fun test you the second item on your list.

“Consumer confidence is at an all-time high.”

Since Putin's Puppet took office consumer confidence has pretty well flatlined, especially in comparison to the Euro countries which have had stellar consumer confidence increases far outweighing the USA. Go to the OECD link below and compare the US with Germany and the Euro19, just enter them into the 'Highlighted countries'. You will see that the US is a very poor third.

http://data.oecd.org/leadind/consumer-confidence-index-cci.htm

Why do you think that is?

Hopefully I will get a chance to go through a few more for you later.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 21 July 2018 6:26:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SteeleRedux

Putin’s Puppet, I think not.

Non hysterical about the casting of Russia as a demon country, yes.

All this demonising of Russia is all about the democrats trying to come up with any
Thing they can to discredit President Trump.
Fancy the Democrats being in an uproar. How often has the US put puppet leaders in other countries.

Ukraine goes back a long way, and it was the Western powers that manipulated things in Ukraine because of their fear of Russian power.
Russia’s borders are made of uncrossable mountains and Ukraine is one of the only border areas where the access
In and out of Russia is open and easy to cross.
The Western powers sought to cut that Ukrainian border access,trying to contain a Russia they feared.

You can understand why Russia was never happy about European interference with the non mountainous border of Russia.
It seems there ended up being two ethnic groups in Ukraine because of that meddling,
Russian bloodline Ukrainians and European bloodline Ukrainians.

The Europeans had control of the country until the Russian linked Ukrainians gained enough numbers to vote in a leader who was pro Russia.
The European Ukrainians Immediately took to the streets in protest to what was a fair and square democratic election. I watched them demonstrating in the streets on the news for a week,or two.
Then they staged a coup and overthrew the voted in leader and put a pro European leader in.

The Russian Ukrainians then rebelled and Ukraine was on the verge of a deadly civil war.
Putin realising that the European Ukrainians still controlled the army feared the Russian Ukrainians would be genocided and slaughtered and so he went in to protect them.
As he said publicly on the world news at the time. “What did I do that America hasn’t done many times?”
It’s true! How many times has America picked a side and interfered in other countries?
Posted by CHERFUL, Saturday, 21 July 2018 7:10:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
........further to the above

Whenever they state why Russia is such a bad country, the first thing they mention is Ukraine but to my way of thinking, deposing a fairly voted in Leader is what triggered the civil war. So the Ukrainian war is down to the Ukrainian Europeans

Also, America’s paranoia fear of Russia. (Too many KGB spy movies) caused them to Side against Russia in the war between Afghanistan and Russia in the late 1970’s

Guess whose side they fought on, against the Russians. A group Americans had never heard of back then, the Mujahideen, and guess what young lad was fighting with them
Osama Bin Laden.
I know this because I saw a reporter talk about actually meeting him and talking to him during that war, he remembered him after the 9/11, event.

Now, if America had sided with Russia back then. Osama Bin Laden may well have been killed as an enemy combatant in the war against Russia. But America aided his victory not having a clue that they weren’t doing the people of Afghanistan any good
because they had no clue about what was the reality of the situation, just like they didn’t know who to side with in Syria.
So if America hadn’t let themselves believe everything they saw about Russia in movies
They may have sided with Russia, and the mujahideen would not have won, Osama possibly would have been killed.
No 9/11.

This hysteria about Russia is misguided and overblown,
Posted by CHERFUL, Saturday, 21 July 2018 7:38:20 PM
Exactly Cherful, just as it was during the Cuban missile crisis as those thoroughly nice and benign Russians tried their very best to make our world a far better place to live in.

Without question, your completely unbiased analysis has the hallmark of sheer genius and without parallel in the known universe! Da?

Looking forward to your next episode of mind-blowing enlightenment with riveting attention!

While being mindful of an excitement level that could if increases much further result in spontaneous human combustion

. So wonderful to know that saint Putin is such a decent fellow with the whole world and its safekeeping in his ever so helpful hands! Makes you feel kinda all warm and fuzzy inside doesn't it?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 22 July 2018 10:43:43 AM
Paul B

Why are the anti trump hysterical crowd so black and white and extreme with everything.

I always say in my posts, Putin’s is always Pro Russia first, he’s no other country’s best
Friend That is true of every country in the world. But you leftist Trump haters know that, you are just pushing Trump hatred.

While I say Putin will be loyal to Russia first, he does not need to be an enemy either
Dlplomacy is always what’s needed between countries.
How many American presidents have shaken his hand.

And as I said a lot of what happened in Ukraine was down to the meddling of America and Britain after the war.

I’m not saying Putin is a warm fuzzy guy, but the democrats are the ones making a worse enemy of him than needs be.

The same baying mob that critiqued Trump for his handling of Kim John Ung because they said he was too harsh in calling him rocket man and calling his bluff with strong words, now want Trump to use strong words with Putin.

Well which is that you want.. The President to challenge leaders like Kim Jong which the democrats said was foolish and in danger of plunging the world into war and yet now they say, Trump should have been challenging and accusatory to Putin.

Your lot are the ones that are inconsistent and believe me I’m a lot more grounded than
the current leftist are with their concept of reality in world politics, because they filter everything through the get Trump lense, at the expense of true perception.

And I’ve been a left wing voter all my life, my family was working class and we believed in the left to speak for us and protect us from the excesses of capitalism.

But I’m also a believer in finding the truth in any situation and I will anyalize and seek information about an issue to find where the truth lies.
Posted by CHERFUL, Sunday, 22 July 2018 12:48:46 PM
Sorry, should be,Alan B.
I apologise for that.
Posted by CHERFUL, Sunday, 22 July 2018 12:50:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy