The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Elite atrocities: Australia's Special Forces in Afghanistan > Comments

Elite atrocities: Australia's Special Forces in Afghanistan : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 11/6/2018

Bensouda concluded 'that all legal criteria required under the Rome statute [of the ICC] to commence an investigation have been met'.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Shadow Minister Quote "Those who deliberately kill civilians or prisoners need to be punished."

The people who need to be prosecuted are the people who start these wars with lies.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 12 June 2018 9:46:02 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was asked quite a few times by sincere Police officers that I should become one too. My reply was that I appreciated their faith in me but I could not trust my own tolerance towards many of the immoral culprits I would have to deal with.
It is therefore quite easy for me to understand when soldiers see fit to override some Geneva desk jockey's views of what should happen on the battlefield in the heat of the battle.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 13 June 2018 8:01:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear individual,

Pretty turgid reasoning as has become normative of you of late.

So when soldiers override the Geneva conventions and torture and kill unarmed civilians or fighters then don't they then become immoral culprits deserving of torture and death even when prisoners themselves?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 13 June 2018 9:32:28 PM
Steelereedux,
Your comment would be totally different were you to have some life experience outside the academic Public Service PC cocoon.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 14 June 2018 6:50:30 AM
//Your comment would be totally different were you to have some life experience outside the academic Public Service PC cocoon.//

OK, now I'm curious as to how it is you come to know so much about his life.

Psychic or stalker?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Thursday, 14 June 2018 9:13:33 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy