The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A very republican sickness: loving royal weddings > Comments

A very republican sickness: loving royal weddings : Comments

By Binoy Kampmark, published 21/5/2018

Black spirituality tagged on to exaggerated feminist values mixed with traditional forms certainly gave an impression of difference, but these were daubs rather than extensive splashes.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Yesterday a man and a woman, foreigners, got married in a foreign country. In a country on the other side of the world! And nearly as interesting as watching paint dry or grass grow, on valium. The son of our head of state could come here if nominated by our parliament and serve as our Governor General and Commander in Chief of our armed forces. And likely as good as we could get? However, unless he renounced his British citizenship and Allegiance to her and her head of state, his mum. He couldn't sit in our parliament as an elected representative, thanks to the current unfathomable interpretation of section 44 of our " British" constitution. This errant nonsense needs to be addressed along with the lifetime occupation of the benches by, so called, Chief Justices! Who at times seem to be able to turn the original intentions of the authors of our constitution completely on its head? And allowing Pedantic absolutism and extremely narrow interpretations to overrule good old fashioned and as rare as Dodo's eggs, COMMON SENSE! Oh look, my grass grew around another millimetre overnight! Wow, how good is that? Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 21 May 2018 10:21:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I await the first Royal gay wedding....the rainbow prince and princess.
Posted by diver dan, Tuesday, 22 May 2018 5:48:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think the British people and Commonwealth couldn't care a stuff what you yanks think. The Queen has no constitutional power over Australia or Canada, and New Zealand. The prime minister appoints the Governor General, who acts on her behalf. But only within the parameters of his or her power, the same in Britain, she can't interfere. She is apolitical, and we have republican movements here, but all they want is not to have the Queen or Royal family visiting, and electing a president, that the parliament can get rid of if they want.

This Royal wedding was great. I loved Bishop Curry, although he did go on a lot longer than required, and a representative of the Koptic Christian religion in Britain.

The Duchess of Sussex Megan, is in her own right talented, university awarded, and a feminist, great and I hope they have lots of little Princes and Princesses, that in the name of our Queen continue to do good works around the world. Maybe dark skinned but who cares, we whites crave for a bronze skin at risk to our health, ha.

The Duke and Prince Harry, has proved himself in the Armed Forces, and through his charity work in Africa, that the Duchess was already involved in when they first met.

You can keep your Donald Trump and first lady, we like and love ours.
Posted by Bush bunny, Wednesday, 23 May 2018 3:33:18 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy