The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The Australian budget emerges from 'dog days' > Comments

The Australian budget emerges from 'dog days' : Comments

By Michael Knox, published 10/5/2018

The budget combines good luck with good management.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Just as this budget was created by that well known Italian, Rosy Scenario, so also this patently partisan proclamation. It's all too easy to spend a new if modest mining boom and hoping there will be no downturn or a further increase in energy prices or capital requirements! It seems to me to be both gormless and visionless when what has been required was and is, a plethora of new ideas and the courage to implement them. Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 10 May 2018 7:43:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
For 99.9% of people, life after budget night is no different from life before budget night, and the whole palaver is dead boring. I no longer listen to, watch or read anything about budgets. The only budget I am interested in is my own. I know what comes in, and what I can afford to spend. I am much smarter than politicians and, in particular, the one calling himself 'treasurer'. I don't have the trouble he has, I owe nothing.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 11 May 2018 9:52:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
> The budget combines good luck with good management.
The government conflates good luck with good management!
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 11 May 2018 12:01:39 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Like usual before an election the budget is vote buying, Shorten has just upped the amount of tax credits and other things.

Only problem is like usual after the election out come the excuses why they can't do it.
Posted by Philip S, Saturday, 12 May 2018 1:27:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy