The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Cricket ball-tampering disease in all of us > Comments

Cricket ball-tampering disease in all of us : Comments

By Spencer Gear, published 13/4/2018

This predicament of what is behind ball-tampering runs through us and it springs from the heart.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
OzSpen, you may have some god if you wish, but don't try to force one on me, or anyone else.

I recognise no god, or any form of superior being, although I respect your right to believe in any form you chose.

Your concept of sin is totally foreign to me, & that I do not accept. It is telling that many who profess your belief I have found to be quite dishonest in their life & interaction with others, personally & in business.

If you want to preach, I'll send you a soap box.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 16 April 2018 11:25:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AJ Philips,

Your words from 16 April amount to a straw man fallacy. None of that emphasis was in in my article or comments.

I never said a word about:
* not loving god is wrong or a flaw;
* I must prove God's existence to demonstrate not loving God is wrong.
* People are compelled to love God.

All of these are inventions by you - a straw man of fallacious reasoning.
Posted by OzSpen, Thursday, 19 April 2018 2:00:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen,

There was not one word in my writing of forcing God on you or anyone else. I presented the biblical evidence of total depravity and provided or pointed to lots of evidence.

To personally 'recognise no god' or superior being, is your privilege in a democratic society where we have freedom of speech.

My concept of sin 'is totally foreign to you'. That's understandable because you don't believe in God and it is the Lord God's assessment of humanity and He provides stacks of evidence in Scripture. The nightly TV news supports God's claims.

When you jumped from rejection of comprehensive depravity of human beings to inconsistent practise of that belief, you were switching horses. Thus, you used a red herring fallacy.

I was not preaching in the article but showing the connection between the breaking of the cricketing laws, code of ethics, and the sin that is in all of us.

Yes, this is a distinctly Christian understanding, but it aligns with Christian truth - conforms with reality.
Posted by OzSpen, Thursday, 19 April 2018 2:14:13 PM
No, OzSpen, they don’t.

<<Your words from 16 April amount to a straw man fallacy.>>

I suggest you look up what a straw man is: http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

<<I never said a word about: * not loving god is wrong or a flaw;>>

Yes, you did. It was implied in your post to Hasbeen when you asked:

“No … lack of loving the Lord God with all of your being??” (http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=19680#348810)

Which was preceded by:

“Have you never ever committed sin of any kind your entire life?” (http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=19680#348810)

The implication, therefore, is that not loving God is a sin (i.e. a wrong or flaw).

<<I never said a word about: * I must prove God's existence to demonstrate not loving God is wrong.>>

I never suggested that you did. That was my claim.

<<I never said a word about: * People are compelled to love God.>>

I never suggested that you did. That was my claim, based on what the Bible teaches.

Now, how about you look up the Irrelevant Conclusion fallacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irrelevant_conclusion
Posted by AJ Philips, Thursday, 19 April 2018 2:28:51 PM
AJ Philips,

Inference + inference + presupposition + presupposition by you does not add up to factual diagnosis against me.

You statement about my alleged false conclusion is arising from your false inferences and presuppositions.
Posted by OzSpen, Sunday, 22 April 2018 5:43:53 PM
OzSpen,

You’re rather lacking in clarifications department there, for someone who suggests they’ve been misrepresented. Care to elaborate how any of my so-called “inferences” and “presuppositions” were wrong?

Somehow I don't think I should be holding my breath.
Posted by AJ Philips, Sunday, 22 April 2018 6:16:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy