The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The life and death of a 'king' > Comments

The life and death of a 'king' : Comments

By Noel Preston, published 19/4/2018

What lasting legacy has King and his civil rights movement bequeathed?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Fortunately people are over the never-speak-ill-of-the-dead taboo, and we can hear all of the faults and failings of people put on pedestals while they were living and able to sue for libel.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 19 April 2018 10:09:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have a dream and in that dream I see other preachers referring the Martin Luther King as a Baptist Preacher, without needing to identify him as negro. His sermons were indeed inspiring and could have been delivered straight from the mount. And instrumental in massive change and civil rights for folk previously denied the most basic human rights. Yes, there have been changes and a new middle class of African Americans. However we have moved on and clearly, things have grown worse with an ever-increasing divide and a militant black movement, understand the need to fight fire with fire. The real problem is poverty and as designed poverty, that continues to grow the have-nots and those forced to a life of crime or living forever blow the poverty line. And not assisted by the fact that progressive Christian Conservatives are ane extinct oddity! And replaced by those, i.e., Trump and cohort of like-minded cronies and crooks, Jesus would also whip out of his Father's house! Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 19 April 2018 10:31:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We can all of us hope, that MLK’s efforts at pacifying the forces of evil, will allow increasing numbers of naked apes, a chance to live longer lives, and increasingly die from natural non-violent causes.

Palestinians are catching on!
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 19 April 2018 11:50:27 AM
Hi, Noel Preston. I was once an anti racist like your good self. But, faced with the glaring contradictions of the anti racist arguments, I achieved Revelation, and became a racist. And so I would like to pick apart your logic of your article based upon the knowledge gained by my conversion.

Before we start, could I say that the principle of equality is a good one, but the reality is that equality can never be a moral absolute because people are just not equal. Therefore they can never be treated equally and society can never be equal. Mother nature is not an egalitarian, even if your fictional Gods say that they are. People are different in intelligence, personalities, physical abilities, and physical appearances, and for the most part they are born that way. That being said, much harm is being done to western civilisation by well meaning people like yourself, who insist that everybody in society must be absolutely equal, and who then demand that those demographic groups who are unable to prosper in a free society must be "oppressed", and therefore must be given special consideration.

These considerations include exemptions from the common law (so much for "equality"), quotas, segregation, affirmative action, and blatant racism against white people who are the most productive, and who are much less prone to criminal behaviour, and who largely fund all free western societies.

Now reading your essay, I would conclude that you are a racist. You seem to despise white people and the successful societies that we build, yet you choose to live among us. But Noel, these white European societies just happen to be the envy of the world, and the proof is that everybody on planet earth is scheming to immigrate into our communities.

Western societies are the most equal, the most non discriminatory, the most free, but because we are not perfect societies where everybody is absolutely equal, all you can see is racism, discrimination and oppression. Therefore, to you and your comrades, we are completely reprehensible. Sorry, Noel, I just don't buy it.
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 22 April 2018 7:42:08 AM
Hi, Noel, I am back again with my second instalment.

Let's look at anti racist contradictions. You wrote that Australia had "unresolved social justice and civil rights issues, including our failure to recognise First Australians constitutionally."

OK, the contradiction is, that you propose to solve racism by making aborigines are special race under the Australian constitution. Hey Noel, that is racism. How is it that you are blind to that? I presume you have dreamed up some convoluted logic to justify this plain contradiction, but from my side of the fence you are exhibiting cognitive dissonance. In order to demonstrate how non racist you are, you will advocate policies discriminatory towards other races. BONG.

You also mentioned something about black incarceration rates which seemed to imply that this was proof of how racist white societies are. Well, lets look at the USA and the crime statistics published by the FBI.

"Blacks thus committed 7.5 times more violent inter-racial crimes than whites even though the black population is only one-seventh the size of the white population. Almost 1 million white Americans were murdered, robbed, assaulted or raped by black Americans in 1992, compared with about 132,000 blacks who were murdered, robbed, assaulted or raped by whites."

OK, so tell me, Noel. Which race is therefore the most racist?

* Approximately 50% of all Black males will be arrested and charged with a serious felony during their lifetime.

* A Black person is 56 TIMES more likely to attack a White person than Vice Versa.

. Young blacks (under 18) are more violent than previous generations and are 12 times more likely to be arrested for murder than young whites."

Oh, and Noel, don't give me that crap about poverty causes crime. West Virginia USA, which has the nation's lowest crime rate, suffers from chronic poverty and has the highest unemployment in the U.S. It also has the fewest police per capita. West Virginia is over 96% White.
Posted by LEGO, Sunday, 22 April 2018 8:13:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy