The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is Guyana prepared for an oil boom? > Comments

Is Guyana prepared for an oil boom? : Comments

By Victor Katona, published 29/3/2018

In a country where corruption is rampant and deeply engrained in the way matters are solved, the opposition is calling for the full disclosure of the oil production license concluded with ExxonMobil.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
A lot of if, but and if only in this essay.

However, the problems created by intense enduring generational poverty can only be overcome by shared wealth! And the oil producing community and the extreme capitalism it represents, not too good at that, are they?

Is Guyana prepared for an oil boom? And is tantamount to asking, what does a lemon taste like?

To which the universal reply has always been, suck it and see!

Other than that, worry about problems after they emerge rather than create them by focusing on their possible appearance.

And a bit like the Golfer confronting a very large and close to the pin, water hazard. Who focuses almost exclusively on avoiding the water hazard at all costs; and 99 times out of a 100, winds up in the drink!

However if the focus is exclusively on intended outcomes, then the golfer will focus only on that part of the green, where he wants the ball to land!

And what Exon mobile needs to also do, as it trains as many natives as it can, sets up oil exploration related trade schools and finances a few free hospitals/dental clinics and for comparatively modest sums, becomes the neighbourhood Mother Theresa, no government would want to tangle with?

After all, Exon can just pull stumps and leave until the government/corrupt officials are replaced, or decide which side of the bread has all the butter on it!

If Exon encounters any of the perceived, possible problems, needs to deal with them then!

And mustn't be too shy to say, we'll pull out from it all in a heartbeat and wait for a decade if we must, if we encounter any greasy palm corruption! WE HOLD ALL THE CARDS!

And say so from the get go, in no uncertain terms!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 29 March 2018 11:34:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If they are, better watch out for regime change if they make the wrong decisions.
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 29 March 2018 5:20:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't see a real problem here, given money speaks all languages and decides elections? The real risk here is THORIUM. the most energy dense material on the planet! Why, I could step out my back door, your back door, any backdoor on the planet and fill a cubic metre box with dirt. Then applying simple gravity separation, extract an average 8 grams of THORIUM. Which is less radioactive than a banana. (Potassium 40) The further refined to the pure metal THORIUM, ( no, not enrichment) contains enough energy to power my house and car, provide all my material needs, for the next 100 years. At a cost of around $100.00! The danger for Exon Mobile, is not corrupt governments, but a visionary like Elon Musk, liquidating his Tesla assets and putting his personal fortune into the APPROVAL and development of MSR and THORIUM! Successfully developed MSR and CARBON FREE THORIUM, could put Exon Mobile and most other energy supply companies, out of business! Absolutely! Permanently! Along with their 3-4 annual trillion dollar business model! And why they can be guaranteed to lie, steal cheat and far, far worse, to keep this stuff in the ground for as long as they can buy compliant complicit (corrupt) governments? Which then begs the question, given we've got so much of this material! Why do we have an energy crisis and arguably the world's most expensive reticulated electricity! We don't have politicians that can be bought, do we? Just the world's most obtuse and obdurate? Well? The successfully trialled technology is already half a century old! AND THE TECHNOLOGY WHOSE NAME CAN'T BE SPOKEN! Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Friday, 30 March 2018 11:12:01 AM
If any Dyslexic reading my comments now has increased difficulties? Due to the paragraph spacing normally included by me as standard practise, now missing in some of my more recent posts. Please don't blame me but the very "helpful" imported/imposed from without, app. That is removing/undoing the spacing, even as I hit the submit button! And only started with the inclusion of THORIUM as an energy related topic! Alan.
Posted by Alan B., Sunday, 1 April 2018 9:52:50 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy