The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Hide couture > Comments

Hide couture : Comments

By Russell Grenning, published 3/1/2018

Until this incident I was unaware that jewellery could be racist but how woefully mistaken I was.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
WTF! Some symbols may be offensive, but are surely far and few between! Like the hated swastika or the silver SS emblem that adorned the collars of Nazi sturm troopers?

What's next, withdrawing those old money boxes that had a black man lifting an arm to swallow a coin or removing golliwog soft toys from kids, because some, too precious by half, activist decides to take, clearly confected offence?

As one endlessly complaining victim has over the name coon applied to a cheese pioneered by, Dr Coon. Of our early colonial history.

These same folk often have no problem using genuinely offensive profanity or invective as their every second word!

And need to stop the BS and save the outrage for when it's warranted. i.e., when folks wearing white hoods decide to become the rent a crowd that empowers racist behaviour by some authorities? And confrontational issues like that?

Plus apartheid and all it's sometimes reversed examples! Real racism and actual issues that matter!

Aggressive professional activists can be offended by what you wear, what you look at and by compliments!

If they don't want to assimilate, with the dominant culture replete with antique ornamentation created long long ago! They remain free to return from whence they came!

I'm so over foreign whingers who forever complain about the country, the guvment, our culture or attire, she was looking for it , etc/etc!

I mean what's next? Our fault that a few thugs decided they had a right to smash their way through a jewellery shop helping themselves to whatever took their eye or fancy?

Shape up or ship out!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 3 January 2018 4:20:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Hated Swastika"? well go to Asia and see how many Swastikas there are and they are certainly not hated there. They of course were taken on by the Nazi's from Asia.
Perhaps we have to tell little diddums to harden up as Uncle Chop Chop advises and just to rub it in remark how stylish the SS uniforms were lol!
Posted by JBowyer, Wednesday, 3 January 2018 9:05:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tis a fluff article, worthy of the Silly Season, I think.
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 3 January 2018 11:05:17 PM
Seriously?! This is yet further proof of the manifest insanity that's spreading across the globe. When ignorance is put on a pedestal, and every slight or offense is somehow raised to the level of being a form of cultural genocide, then what you have are bedwetting lunatics with their clammy fearful fists on the wheel of life. There can be no "good" ending to this.

As an American I can only hang my head and weep for what once was. Today there are simply pudding-headed fools running loose and given attention when a good back hand to the jaw is required to shake their noggins and set them straight. That the world coddles these idiots tells me that fellow travellers and malcontents are helping them along instead of shaming them into the void.

No! These sirens of mental mediocrity may have a voice, and they can rant all they want, but that doesn't mean anyone has a forced obligation to pay any attention to these morons.

And if they don't like someone "appropriating" something then they sure as hell should stop appropriating letters, numbers or even the very language they've hijacked in making their gibbering demands. Lets see how far that'll go then, eh?
Posted by DoctorFix, Sunday, 7 January 2018 9:38:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy