The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is comedy still possible? > Comments

Is comedy still possible? : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 6/12/2017

The crudity of the racism is the point of the plot, and of course the film is a straightforward attack on the overt and hidden racist culture of 1974 USA.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
A busy Surgeon rushing to keep up with his workload, had a requisition shoved under his nose for his signature. He whipped his hand into a breast pocket and pulled out a renal thermometer.

I say, he said, some bum's got my Biro.

Two men walked into a bar. You'd think one of them would have seen it!

Dave had a week away at a nudist colony for a holiday. And came home severely sunburned where his mum never kissed him. Groaning with both pain and embarrassment. He sought his mum's advice.

Mum said, try a little cream son. Of course, meaning the sunburn cream in the bathroom cabinet.

Anyhow, around a half hour later his girlfriend Myrtle passed by the milking shed, saw Dave, his old fella out and stirring the full cream can with it.

Aw gee Dave, she said, I didn't know you had to fill it like a fountian pen!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 6 December 2017 6:48:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don, it is not a laughing matter. Who can risk the fate of Bill Leak?
Posted by Leslie, Thursday, 7 December 2017 12:52:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy