The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Meeep! > Comments

Meeep! : Comments

By Ian Nance, published 1/11/2017

As well as the overpowering impact of the bodywork and upholstery smells of these old vehicles, there was the aural impact of their various horns.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
A good article. I like it...
Posted by diver dan, Wednesday, 1 November 2017 9:39:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What? You thought this was good copy?

Or other folk, who should know better, would share your, more money than brains, vacuous nostalgia for the old oil burning gas guzzlers?

This year china is we're told, rolling out a million all electric cars. More next year and the year after that and so on. We also know that the conventionally powered internal combustion engine, will be outlawed in a remarkably short space of time there! Meeeep!

And a bandwagon we could be on by building the right hand drive varieties for a significant right hand drive market?

And we should buy a licence to manufacture the new sodium ion, very, very rapid recharge battery, to power them as completely autonomous vehicles! With radar and other detection/early warning and braking abilities that make Meeep! Entirely obsolete!

What we need and don't yet have is truly affordable truly reliable, base load power! Moreover, none of the proposals trotted out thus far, provide it!

And apart from a modicum of vision/testicular fortitude. All that is really missing from the industrial landscape?

Money for a research reactor? No way!

Money for a massive waste of time, S.S.M marriage survey! Yes sure, no problemo amigo!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 1 November 2017 1:49:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Alan B,

The article was mostly about horns, I thought that it was rather good.

My cars are modern and a great pain in the arse if anything goes wrong, a simple thing like a fuel blockage causes hours of delay as it can't be fixed by the roadside, as I recently found out on a trip to Brisbane when I filled up with less than clean fuel.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 1 November 2017 9:48:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy