The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Are you still undecided or uninterested in the same-sex marriage postal vote? > Comments

Are you still undecided or uninterested in the same-sex marriage postal vote? : Comments

By An Anonymous Dad, published 27/10/2017

I encourage you to consider arguments on both sides, make your own independent decision and not to give up your vote.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
So many irrelevant arguments are being brought into
this debate. This has nothing to do with religion.
Nobody is asking the churches to marry them. They
can continue with their "Sacrament of Marriage" as
they've always done. This is about allowing people
who want to get married being allowed to have a
civil ceremony and be recognised by the law of the land
as being married.

And here we are arguing about it. Why not ask ourselves
is the Marriage Institution fair in our country when a
percentage of its population of democratic Australia is
denied its privileges by the law of the land?

We are supposed to be a democratic country boasting of
our liberty, our fair-go, our humanity, boasting
of our love of justice and yet within our own borders
thousands of persons are denied by law the legal right
of marriage.

If you are still undecided or uninterested in the same-sex
marriage postal vote then you really have no right to
complain of its outcome.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 27 October 2017 12:25:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is this really the best that "Anonymous Dad" can come up with?

An limp array of tired non-sequiturs, strawmen and appeals to religious authority.

If I wrote something this poorly argued, I'd stay anonymous too.
Posted by JBSH, Friday, 27 October 2017 12:55:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have never in all my life, lived through anything more absurd than the gay marriage fiasco !
Posted by diver dan, Friday, 27 October 2017 12:55:46 PM
Dear Foxy,

As you claim that all other arguments are irrelevant, could you please clarify your views:

Once SSM is legislated (and all indications are that it will be), should:

1. private business owners be allowed to freely choose whom to provide their services to?

2. parents be allowed to control what their children study?

3. couples who married under the present legal definition of marriage be allowed to annul their marriage once that definition changes?

Thank you in advance.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 27 October 2017 1:19:03 PM
Pretty much the same thing I've been bleating on about all along.
1. Stop the Safe Schools gay normalisation and indoctrination
2. Provide safeguards to stop victimisation of other members of the community by the gay brigade.

I'm voting selfish because if it don't benefit me than I don't care.
I'm not giving those snidely, petty, whining crybabies a foot in the door if there are no safeguards against their crazy garbage infecting the rest of society.

I've already voted anyway.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 27 October 2017 1:56:51 PM
the Yes campaigners are about as honest that those in the 1970's who argued that kiling the unborn was all about the poor 14 year old girl who got raped. NOw with around 100000 babies murdered each year its got little to nothing to do with the poor girl who was raped. Same thing with perverting the marriage act. It has little or nothing to do equality. Only the naive and deceivers sprout that.
Posted by runner, Friday, 27 October 2017 4:00:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy