The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Timely warnings about climate change > Comments

Timely warnings about climate change : Comments

By Russell Grenning, published 11/10/2017

Many scientists managed to smoothly change tack from dire predictions of global cooling in the 1970s to global warming in the 2000s.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Radiotherapy treatment can affect your skin making it go red or darker and is used in SUV hydrogen solar burners.
A single gram of radium Ra 226 will produce 0.000l milliliters of radon a day. Radium is about one million times more active than uranium.
First, I am so thankful for this site. I have been lurking here since my mother's diagnosis in December. Mom has made it through her chemo - radiation - chemo cycle and now has severe pain from the radiation burns. She had her last rad. treatment a week ago tomorrow. She has open areas from the blisters and swelling.
My question: what worked/is working for your radiation burns?
Thanks!
Posted by nicknamenick, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 2:58:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
thankfully more and more have woken up to the man made gw myth. Pity Rudd, Gillard and Turnbull have stuffed Australia's cheap and reliable energy supply due to there false religion. They really should be tried for treason. Why China and India would want to send their kids here to be so dumbed down beats me. Imagine the kids end up as dumbed down as the getup clowns.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 2:59:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I found this all a mite strange, Alan B banging on about thorium as usual but Nick and Alan then start babbling rather than addressing what is the groundswell of dissent.
Call Abbot a maniac and babble? Is that it lads? No arguments now? Oh yes the science is settled? Well it never was and it is all going to become unraveled.
You will find this truth tsunami will engulf a lot of people over the coming years and we will be enjoying coal fired power very soon too.
Posted by JBowyer, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 4:18:08 PM
I've always been struck by Mr Abbott who has the Economic and Theology good-sense not to vacuum pump the Pacific. As carbonic acid density is 1.67 to sea-water 1.02 the AGW keeps him floating.
Posted by nicknamenick, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 4:29:44 PM
Casting pearls? Oink oink?

Anyhow, anyone who actually believes we can simply ignore current climate change, even though we should be well into a normal cyclical ice age of indeterminate length, has to have manure for brains?

Even if we finally stop burying the head and just look rationally at the options?

And obviously outside the abilities of Nick, Has, Runner and dear old diver? Who seems to think this is somehow connected to SSM!? All that huffing and puffing would likely power a wind farm?

Look, thorium is the most energy dense material on the planet! just not as dense as any of the aforementioned?

Were I to step outside my door and fill a one cubic metre box with dirt. I'd be able to recover around 8 grams of thorium, at a recovery cost of around $100.00.

8 grams burnt in a walk away safe, molten salt thorium reactor enough to power my house and car for 100 years!

That's just a dollar a year!

8 grams of coal wouldn't even cook dinner, stupid!

Moreover, the only thing preventing R+D at no cost to the taxpayer, is ratbag regulations that make any such endeavour verboten! Jawohl?

There's a place for coal and that is in affordable steel and aluminum smelting, plus synthetic diesel manufacture from coal? Or seawater!

Thanks solely to power prices of a predicted 1.98ents PKH.

We can even beat hydro for aluminum smelting, because the walkaway safe reactor and the smelter can very safely, operate side by side. To remove the transmission and distribution losses associated with, [more expensive,] hydro!

I don't care if a few recalcitrant imbeciles don't get any of that?

They not the ones making the diabolically dumb decisions or writing, [shoot yourself in your own economic foot,] risible regulations!

And confounded by objective observation and irrefutable science, reduced to elder abuse and name calling?

Whats next boys, a bonfire of burnt books?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 11 October 2017 5:13:51 PM
We should just get on with building Nuclear Power Stations.

That will upset the Green petals and solve our energy problems at the same time.

It's a pity our politicians are gutless wonders !
Posted by Aspley, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 5:32:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy