The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Same-sex parenting and same-sex marriage > Comments

Same-sex parenting and same-sex marriage : Comments

By Eric Porter, published 18/9/2017

To make a properly informed choice about same-sex marriage (SSM), people need to be aware of the shortcomings.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
And once again the total troll being nasty (ttbn) exhibits extreme ignorance and explicit homophobia. I'd say god help any children it may have had but I don't believe in god.
Posted by minotaur, Monday, 18 September 2017 3:18:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The results of this postal survey on same-sex marriage
should prove interesting. The Australian Electoral
Commission has finished processing nearly a million
changes to the roll including adding nearly 100,000
new people. Two-thirds of whom are around 25 years
of age. That leaves more than 16 million Australians
eligible to vote.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 18 September 2017 4:02:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
minotaur, you are not helping your case. ttbn is commenting, making points and giving views on the topic at hand. I fail to see why you have to come out spewing all this abuse just because ttbn is saying something YOU don't like. By responding the way you have you have both done the 'yes' camp a big dis-favour and shown yourself to be in-capable of having a mature verbal discourse.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 18 September 2017 8:35:15 PM
ALTRAV, you got something right for once...I don't like vile homophobic rubbish that you and ttbn (among others) come up with. And as it is pointless trying to have any sort of rational debate with the likes of you and ttbn I need to keep my comments short and to the point so you can understand them...which you clearly did.
Posted by minotaur, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 10:41:30 AM
minotaur, knowing what the word 'vile' means I think you may be overreaching to make your point. All the NO camp is doing is making their points and opinions known to others so as to be open and transparent. I have been following this from the beginning, with a little break, and one thing has stood out. We in the NO camp are somehow bad people who deserve to die for not allowing the YES camp to have its way. I am perplexed at the amount of vilification and name calling when, by comparison, I do not see such performance from the NO camp, just points of debate or discussion. If we are homophobic then so be it, we don't shy away from that tag, we embrace it for reasons the YES camp do not wish to know. So I ask, if the YES camp can tone it down a little, we are obviously never going to agree because for the YES camp it would require a life changing journey. As for the NO camp, we just get up in the morning and get on with our lives.
Posted by ALTRAV, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 11:33:54 AM
As already noted by Minotaur, parenting does not require marriage - so that's indeed a pointless diversion. The number of children born to and/or raised by homosexual people will neither increase nor decrease as a result of them being formally declared as "married".

But not just parenting: NOTHING should require a legal marriage, thus nobody should be seeking to have it, including same-sex couples.

I was previously thinking that $122,000,000 was too dear, but having read some of the remarks here, I start to think that it could have been worthwhile after all:

If this is what it takes to separate young people from their silly devices and teach them to operate in the tangible world, then not all is wasted.

Electricity will not last forever (it's already faltering) and the internet will be hacked to the point of soon becoming unusable: young people should learn to live and operate in the tangible world!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 19 September 2017 1:25:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy