The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > History shows same-sex marriage plebiscite unnecessary and out of step > Comments

History shows same-sex marriage plebiscite unnecessary and out of step : Comments

By Rebecca Ananian-Welsh and Chris Peppel, published 17/8/2017

Our own history calls the necessity of this plebiscite into question, and shows that a postal vote regarding marriage equality signals a new era in Australian plebiscites.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. All
Phillips states:” randomly stating an irrelevant fact. “
No, I demolished his nonsense about “equality”, I said
” Phillips’ pathetic answer to this is the baseless and idiotic assertion of “inequality”
The parties to a marriage are a man and a woman, and they are treated equally under the law. A man entering a relationship with a man is nothing to do with marriage, any more than a woman entering a relationship with a woman, so Phillips is talking baseless nonsense. He admits that he is only talking about possibilities. In the remote possibility that the NO vote fails, he may have an opportunity to partake in the serious damaging of society.”
That is a pointed statement of relevant fact,so Phillips’ statement is nonsense
Posted by Leo Lane, Friday, 1 September 2017 11:46:08 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yesterday there was a prime example of Homosexual "Love" A Shim went berserk with an axe, injuring people.

"The Crown will allege the incident was “triggered by feelings of severe rejection”,"

"Ms Amati is facing three charges of wounding with intent to murder, and a further three back-up charges of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, over the Enmore attack.

We'll see more of this type of incident if the "Yes" vote gets up. They are bad news when they have a falling out. I have witnessed this in Townsville. They tend to get very vicious after a break up. Males & especially females.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 2 September 2017 8:01:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No, Leo Lane, that was an assertion.

<<No, I demolished his nonsense about “equality”, [by saying that Phillips’ pathetic answer to this is the baseless and idiotic assertion of “inequality].>>

You demolished nothing there until you can demonstrate the truth of that claim.

<<The parties to a marriage are a man and a woman, and they are treated equally under the law.>>

Correct. But whether they are treated equally under the law is not in question.

<<A man entering a relationship with a man is nothing to do with marriage, any more than a woman entering a relationship with a woman, so Phillips is talking baseless nonsense.>>

In Australia currently, yes. Here we come back to your is-ought problem again.

<<He admits that he is only talking about possibilities.>>

No, same-sex marriage has been legislated for in other countries, so we know that it can be a reality.

<<In the remote possibility that the NO vote fails, he may have an opportunity to partake in the serious damaging of society.”>>

How would it damage society?

--

Jayb,

To present that as typical of gay people is unfair. Do you have the statistics comparing same-sex break ups with heterosexual break ups to prove your assertion?

Mind you, even if you did, that would only be an argument in favour of marriage equality, as marriage equality reduces the minority stress which can manifest is such ways (as is evident in the lowing of the suicide rates in the gay communities of countries that have allowed same-sex marriage).
Posted by AJ Philips, Saturday, 2 September 2017 10:49:34 AM
//To present that as typical of gay people is unfair.//

Especially since the individual in question was transgender rather than gay. You do realise there's a difference don't you Jay?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Saturday, 2 September 2017 11:01:22 AM
AJ: To present that as typical of gay people is unfair. Do you have the statistics comparing same-sex break ups with heterosexual break ups to prove your assertion?

I take it that any presentation of True Facts is considered unfair by the Gay Lobby.

Then there's that guy that allegedly murdered his partner, & buried the body just recently.

Given that there are more normal marriages than Same-sex partnerships there would have to be more Normal break-ups.

But then if you took a percentage of both then there would be more same-sex break-ups. Especially among the Lesbians, & they are vicious. I have seen that first hand & even more so if the feminine partner is caught with a man by her Butch.

Biggest hiding I got in my life was from a Butch because I was flirting with her girl. From the Lounge in the Civic Hotel in Sydney all the way down the stairs & out into the street. I think I ran two Blocks. Mind you I was just 18 & it was my first outing in Sydney from Inf. Centre at Ingleburn & coming from the little town of Ayr in NQ in the early 60's. I was quite the innocent lad, in those days, but not for long.

10 Trucks (ARES)in Townsville was full of Lezzo's & Prostitutes it was one big punch-up after the other, especially out bush. It eventually got so bad that they Charged the Commander & kicked him out of the Army, abeit quietly. I was there at the time in 31 RQR.

TL: transgender rather than gay.

Suma suma (Malay) or Same Same, but different. The excuse her Lawyer gave was that she was having a bad hair day.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 2 September 2017 12:13:20 PM
Jayb,

It is unfair to judge an entire group based on what some do. Whether the facts are true or not is beside the point.

Even if everything you say is true, though, it's hardly an argument against same-sex marriage.

I think you just wanted to make the LGBT community look bad because, well, you just don't like them.
Posted by AJ Philips, Sunday, 3 September 2017 10:56:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 20
  7. 21
  8. 22
  9. Page 23
  10. 24
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy