The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Rape trials generally showcase our legal system at its worst > Comments

Rape trials generally showcase our legal system at its worst : Comments

By Brendan O'Reilly, published 27/7/2017

Is it fair that, when both parties are drunk and engage in impulsive ill-considered sex, that blame is placed solely on the male?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
An inebriated female is clinically incapable of giving informed consent! One just 18 even less likely, and one feed a mickey finn while attending a comfort room break even less likely!

And he was where? In her room 3am? One assumes that was in the females only dorm?

I think your stint as Barrister for the (blame the victim) defence has a very limited life? Or just highly incompetent!

If I were the boy I'd be a man, fess up and cop it sweet! Plead reduced whatever?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 27 July 2017 9:35:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
When will people start taking responsibility for their own actions?
It is not always someone else`s fault as the legal profession would like us to believe.
If you want to get stoned or drunk it is on your own head so accept what may happen because of that.
Posted by ateday, Thursday, 27 July 2017 9:42:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, if you want to get rohypnol slipped into your drink while you are taking a toilet break and then are incapable of getting home alone, it's clearly your fault!

When will people start taking responsibility for THEIR ACTIONS!

Solution?

Simple! Just don't ever go out or trust the, butter wouldn't melt in the mouth, generous, drink buying, (just wants to impregnate you come what may) stranger!

Wake up to yourself! It's your responsibility! Going out and having a little harmless fun is just not on! Get over it stupid!

Just being there and taking a drink with your, (got your back, mates) is asking for it!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 27 July 2017 10:45:56 AM
maybe just maybe one day parents will be smart enough to teach their young girls not to get drunk, lead men on and then cry wolf.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 27 July 2017 11:25:13 AM
Maybe one day, properly raised young men will understand, consent to protected sex is never ever implicit or explicit consent to unprotected sex!

Maybe one day, parents will raise their boys so as to understand their limits, so that they're able to understand the difference between a female dorm and a male one!

As a young boy I was raised with the following instruction. If you want to have sex with a young girl, first ask yourself three pertinent questions. Do I love her? Am I prepared to wear any and all consequences and do I want this woman to be the mother of my children?

Because women can and do get pregnant from unprotected sex. Or catch/transfer STD's!

Men who care about a partner, protect them as opposed to using them when they're at their most vulnerable, then just not respecting them, because they were too easy. And throwing them away, as easily as last week's garbage!

A young man can force unwanted attentions on a woman, Particularly when semi comatose, from way too much, plied alcohol! But hardly ever the reverse!

If it were the young men getting pregnant, going full term and having their promising careers ruined as the very first consequence, very little of this would happen!

But particularly putting the victim on trial!

If we ever get the balls to include, unbeatable space age lie detection, for both parties, in these seemingly endless sagas, maybe then, all the victim blaming or alleged false claims, will cease!

Own your own behavior!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 27 July 2017 1:34:37 PM
I have major problems feeling sympathy for women who become very drunk, flirt with men, go back to their room with them late at night then act surprised when sex occurs.
What did they think was going to happen in that room? Tea and biscuits?
Any woman who doesn't wish to have sex with a man needs to say goodnight then go back to her own rooms alone.
Being drunk isn't a legal defence against committing a crime, neither should it be a defence against sex that is later regretted.
Posted by Big Nana, Thursday, 27 July 2017 3:26:00 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy