The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Climate change and the catastrophe of Trumpism > Comments

Climate change and the catastrophe of Trumpism : Comments

By Sam Ben-Meir, published 25/7/2017

In its attack on the very foundations of science, Trumpism constitutes an epistemic disaster: we are facing a crisis in terms of knowledge and objective inquiry.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Alan, anyone with even half a brain knows that the surface temperature of Venus is generated by the depth & weight of it's atmosphere generating high pressure at that surface.

Either you are not one of them, or are prepared to try to twist facts to fit a belief. These rants do you nocredit
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 25 July 2017 1:40:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"..during a normal cyclical solar waning phase and one we've been in since the mid seventies! NASA...."

As I pointed out to AlanB elsewhere, his claim is factually incorrect. But as we've seen often with Mr B, being factually incorrect is no barrier to being pompously arrogant.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 25 July 2017 2:29:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just a few disjointed points:

1. Does anyone else get the impression that this guy didn't vote for Trump? </sarc off>

2. He claims " all White House websites were scrubbed of information regarding climate change." That is not correct although it was reported as such for a short period after the inauguration. In fact all websites were taken down as is usual during a change of administration but were re-instated a few hours later, essentially unchanged. Clearly this chap prefers reading the headlines but not so much the detail. That doesn't auger well for the rest of his argument.

3. Trump pulling out of Paris will have essentially zero impact on the climate. But it will mean that the US won't be required to pay alms to poor (corrupt?) nations so they can virtue signal.

4. The US is one of the few nations on earth who have been reducing their CO2 emissions. This is being done primarily on the back of the fracking revolution and the transition from coal/oil to natural gas. Trump is boosting the US fracking business. This will do more for world-wide CO2 emissions than any Paris agreement(s).

5. But the alarmists won't acknowledge that or even mention it. They oppose fracking which only goes to enhance the view that they are less concerned about emissions than about reducing energy use overall. They (or at least a subset thereof) oppose the modern world and particularly the west's leadership of it. Attacking emissions is just a stalking horse for attacking growth and redistributing wealth.
Posted by mhaze, Tuesday, 25 July 2017 4:23:02 PM
Mhaze: I stand by a published report,(NASA) that our solar furnace in the sky is and has been in a waning (cooling ) phase since the mid seventies.

Hasbeen: Venus is an earth sized planet with earth normal gravity! So it can't have a heavier atmosphere!

What makes venus's atmosphere thicker is evaporate, as every drop of moisture on that planet is now part of a toxic sulfur laden atmosphere. And as the first consequence traps even more radiant heat! Anyone with basic science would know that!

Anyone reading you blokes would think that much, much cheaper energy was a crime?

Because after taking the piss! That is along with space age very low cost desal, is largely all I've ever proposed! And for all you fossil fueled devotees, the real problem?

I've tried basic common sense and irrefutable science. But it seems the attention span is too short to read me from go to whoa, with full comprehension?

So now I'm mixing in satire spiced with a little harmless irony. To be sure, to be sure, to be sure. See youse all tomorrow, as I've reached my post limits on this thread, so feel free to rubbish me like the invitees at the mad hatters tea party. Knock yourselves out.

Labels like pompous doesn't mean the sticks and stones description is accurate and just a dumb response, when no genuinely persuasive argument beckons!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Tuesday, 25 July 2017 7:39:35 PM
Mhaze,
Alan B is certainly pompous and arrogant. Also stupid, relying on scientific consensus (oxymoronic),amongst the Climate Crazies. Unfortunately, he's right that we're in a cooling phase. Not cos NASA says so; they're an incestuous self serving bureaucracy like CSIRO and Aus BOM. Peer reviewed non-CC science e.g Abdussamatov 2013 J. of Geology and Geosciences confirms it. The point is that climate change can only be measured at geological time scales. No one has shown any modern warming. You can't even measure a global average temperature, let alone show that it increasing at a decadal or even centennial scale. But its clear that solar and global cycles drive real climate change, and climate crazies are robbing us of energy and prosperity, whilst talking crap and pissing into the wind.
Posted by Little, Tuesday, 25 July 2017 8:23:22 PM
The beautiful thing about life is that no one really gives a flying f''k save for those wanting to change something, for reasons of their own which have nothing to do with reality and all to do with imagination.
We live in Lala land where the most dangerous thing that can happen to you is you might have to make a decision,
It won't last forever but I'm guessing I'm one of the last lucky ones because only the Shadow knows what it's going to be like in twenty years

Coal will be like gold
Posted by ilmessaggio, Tuesday, 25 July 2017 9:12:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy