The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Social justice > Comments

Social justice : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 17/5/2017

It seems to me that ‘social justice’ is best seen as an aspiration, and that we will never achieve it.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Yuyutsu
Your right. We, the children of the immediate post war period, were given great advantages over the children of today.
Sadly it appears to have been transformed into arrogance as its reward!
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 18 May 2017 10:51:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Joe..
I think you are looking at the problem of social injustice with one eye firmly shut, and the other up the chimney.
Cheers.
Posted by diver dan, Thursday, 18 May 2017 10:55:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Alan B, i think you have a nice point and i hope we could achieve this as well.
Posted by rollyczar, Friday, 19 May 2017 5:45:48 AM
Hi ttbn,i think the right justice needs to be put in place, because things might still be the way it was if something is not done.
Posted by rollyczar, Friday, 19 May 2017 5:55:11 AM
diver dan, i think you have a nice view about social justice, in my opinion no one should take advantage of the common any more and no one should be left behind.
Posted by rollyczar, Friday, 19 May 2017 6:02:09 AM
Hi Rollyczar,

Yes, if people have put the effort in, they shouldn't be 'left behind'. But if they haven't, then frankly I don't give a toss about them, provided they are able-bodied and of reasonable mental competence.

If people don't make the effort, then they take the consequences. They are NOT owed anything. They can sit and wait all they like. History won't feel sorry for them, or wait for them, it will just keep rolling over, and their one-and-only lives will have meant nothing for the rest of eternity.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 19 May 2017 10:10:48 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy