The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Australian foreign aid > Comments

Australian foreign aid : Comments

By Pooya Karambakhsh, published 28/4/2017

In 2016, Australia donated 0.25% of its Gross National Income (GNI) to development goals, which is significantly less than its 2015 level of 0.29%.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
A sensible target for Australian foreign aid as percentage of GDP - 0.00%.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 28 April 2017 11:03:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All foreign aid should be as birth control measures.
That`s a lot of condoms......
Posted by ateday, Friday, 28 April 2017 11:35:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why is it that so often the people who write this sort of bitching carping junk have such funny names?

Why is it that they are usually takers of taxpayer funds, rather than genuine contributors to the national wealth?

Why on earth would anyone listen to a bludging taker, who is not only taking for themselves, but wants to take even more of our citizens earned wealth, & give it away to a another bunch of bludgers somewhere else?

8 years in PNG & the Pacific islands gave me a moderately good idea of how our aid was totally wasted, well that bit that their politicians & bureaucrats actually let slip through their fingers.

Try working for a living Pooya, & send a contribution of your own wherever you like, just leaver ours alone.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 28 April 2017 12:29:24 PM
Hey Pooya,
Is that what they taught you at the University of Sydney?

You wrote all that but you did not mention AUSAID or the Clinton Global Initiative once, which was where all the money was paid into.
http://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2015/04/australian-government-grants-to-the-clinton-foundation.html

Also you did not mention allegations of wrongdoing within the Clinton foundation and that they probably weren't even spending that on aid.
http://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2016/08/warning-signs-for-australia-that-bill-clinton-was-way-off-the-straight-and-narrow-in-png.html
http://www.michaelsmithnews.com/2016/09/has-aust-govt-reported-the-clinton-foundations-illegal-activities-in-png-to-the-png-police.html

I'm not sure what they teach in the 'Political Economy' course, but I'd bet they never mentioned USAID and Clinton connection to: drug and sex trafficking, child sex trafficking and use in blackmail operations, organ harvesting, microloansharking and exploitation, forced labour, forced prostitution, virus and vaccine testing, organised pedophile rings, satanic sacrifice...

Think I'm nutty?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=floE0FUtor4
They never taught you any of that did they?

I'm with ttbn, the only thing I care to hear about is 'cutting the funding' and preferably back to zero.

I would offer you a complimentary brownie point for almost convincing me that it might be a good idea to 'invest in new and emerging markets', but I'd have to take it back because you blew it earlier on mentioning the stupid UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 28 April 2017 6:45:19 PM
All foriegn aid should come from surplus funds because as it stands, our own people are missing out because our taxes wont spread far enough.

Surely at some point our law makers have to realize that charity should start at home and when we are struggling ourselves, we simply have to say 'sorry not now'.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 30 April 2017 8:37:43 PM
How come all the billions of dollars that have been given to these countries for decades
Has had no effect. We are still seeing the same dying children on our TVs as we were seeing 50years ago.

The problem lies with these countries themselves. Too many people
The figure of 7billion people in the world is never mentioned, when asking for constant
Foreign aid.
Foreign aid should only be given in the form of massive contraception.
Posted by CHERFUL, Monday, 1 May 2017 11:25:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy