The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Changes to Victorian donor laws: some notable and unexpected corollaries > Comments

Changes to Victorian donor laws: some notable and unexpected corollaries : Comments

By Murray Campbell, published 13/4/2017

For most of us, we know and love our mum and dad. For others their identity, until now, remained a secret.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Dear Murray,

I mostly agree with your courageous article, but coffee is very bad for your health and if you take the Ephesians statement seriously, that God "chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight", then you should not despise his gift by poisoning the body which He gave you.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 13 April 2017 11:43:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Those family relations were not ideal and some clearly immoral, but God was not stumped by them, and through human error (and sin) he showed grace and love."

God, if he exists at all, didn't show any grace and love for his so called beloved son as he hung on the cross.

David
Posted by VK3AUU, Friday, 14 April 2017 11:02:34 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear David,

«God, if he exists at all, didn't show any grace and love for his so called beloved son as he hung on the cross.»

What was hanging on the cross was merely Jesus' body, not the Son of God - and the father of that body was (in most likelihood) Joseph, the carpenter of Nazareth. The only difference between Jesus and us is that, by God's grace and love, Jesus did not identify with that body of his. By God's grace and love, we too will one day cease identifying with our bodies.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 14 April 2017 11:20:04 AM
I did not understand a word of that .

If you are talking about parentage, it is common knowledge that 40 percent of kids have the wrong father on their birth certificate. The only thing that is guaranteed is the mothers half of conception.
Posted by doog, Saturday, 15 April 2017 11:06:46 PM
Dear Doog,

«I did not understand a word of that»

I'll try to break it down and make it as simple as I can:

A son of an elephant is... right, an elephant.
A son of a zebra is... right, a zebra.
A son of a human is... right, a human.
A son of God is...?

We are told that the Son of God had a human body. That body, being human, had some biological human father, likely Joseph the carpenter, although I cannot be sure of that.

David claimed that God had cruelly allowed his son to be hung on the cross.
I countered this claim by explaining that the Son of God could not have been hung on a cross - rather, it was only the human body of the Son of God that was hanging there.

Both the Son of God and us had/have a human body.
Neither the Son of God nor us are that body.
The difference between the Son of God and us, is that the Son of God was fully aware of who he was, while the rest of us are not yet aware and therefore falsely believe that we are this human body of ours. By God's grace, we too shall one day be fully aware who we are, then it wouldn't matter to us any more whether our bodies experience pleasure or pain, whether they are placed on a throne or on a cross.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 16 April 2017 1:40:29 AM
Murray,

The point of a sperm or egg donation is usually to provide a couple (straight or gay) with children that they cannot create themselves. The lack of a biological parent is partially like adoption, which if handled carefully can bring a very much wanted child into a nurturing environment.

Having several friends that were adopted, not one of them expressed a strong desire to know their biological parent. Forcing the involvement of the unwilling biological parent will more likely prevent the birth of further children and help only a tiny minority of AI conceived children.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 17 April 2017 9:17:45 PM
So Joseph and Mary mandolin had something in the form of a human. So where does God feature in all of this.

When the Aztecs or gippo,s were claiming the world where did their origin come from.

Ask yatsu he has all the answers.
Posted by doog, Monday, 17 April 2017 9:38:46 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy