The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A real friend to Israel would stand up for Palestinian rights > Comments

A real friend to Israel would stand up for Palestinian rights : Comments

By Stuart Rees, published 21/2/2017

The Australian and Israeli governments have much in common. Each seems determined to not care much for international law and to care even less about the suffering of Palestinians.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All
SR,

Lying again?

30 000 artillery shells fired into the heart of Gaza would have killed 10s of 1000s not the roughly 1600 half of which were Hamas combatants.

From which pile of excrement did you dig up this drivel?

Foxy,

Quoting from a site that claims that Israel does not have the right to exist pins you as an anti semite racist.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 24 February 2017 6:28:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Shadow Minister,

Could you kindly show me where in the link I
gave you does it say that Israel does not
have a right to exist. As a matter of fact
the link clearly states "Israel has the
right to exist and is here to stay ..."

I chose the site because it was in my opinion
an even-handed, well balanced article that
equally blamed both sides for the conflict
and made it quite clear that peace cannot exist
without justice for BOTH sides.

And you call me names for that.

Well Sir, you've truly crossed the line this time.
You owe my an apology and until you apologise
I shall have nothing further to do with you.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 24 February 2017 7:10:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Shadow Minister,

First an anti-Semetic now a liar? Running true to form I see.

As to the “pile of excrement did you dig up this drivel” you know me better than that. This figure was taken from the IDF's own journal: “Taking Stock”, BaYabasha, Ground Forces Journal, October 2014, No. 29, p. 47 (Hebrew).

Here it is being quoted by an Israeli human rights group btselem.

During the fighting, the military made extensive use of artillery inside residential areas. An article published in the Ground Forces’ journal noted that about 14,500 tank shells and 35,000 other artillery shells were fired during the fighting. According to a story in Israeli daily Haaretz, a senior general staff officer confirmed that the military had fired more shells than it had planned to, probably four times as many as during Operation Cast Lead.
http://www.btselem.org/download/201501_black_flag_eng.pdf

“In the massive artillery bombardment of the Gaza Strip in Operation Protective Edge, the Israel Defense Forces fired 30,000 shells, many of them into densely populated areas. That, according to figures issued by the army on July 29, after three weeks of fighting.”
http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-1.610733

Actually you are perfectly correct in finding it hard to believe, inflicting this sort of bombardment in one of the most populated areas on the planet is going to cause tremendous damage, widespread injury, death and destruction and severe psychological trauma which it did.

And you are part of the cheer squad that let them get away with it. Supporting extremist Zionism takes its toll.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 24 February 2017 7:12:08 PM
Dear Foxy,

It really is worrying isn't it.

We have both been longterm forum members you like I will obviously remember Shadow Minister as someone who certainly took a more conservative position but who was still a poster one could hold a decent discussion with. Now it seems it is just alt-right, mantra driven responses slagging off at anyone not lining up behind his alternative, poorly researched (if at all) facts.

He is not alone. The tone of debate has declined dramatically and I am inclined to lay the blame at Mr Abbott's feet but then again I may be wrong.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 24 February 2017 7:32:46 PM
Dear Steele,

I genuinely did try with my last link.
I chose it because I thought it was a plea
for justice for BOTH sides.

I would like
someone to define what a "Semite" actually
is. False accusations of "anti-Semitism" are
so predictable and are meant as a
deterrance. They're usually done by people
who've run out of arguments. The same applies
to accusations of "racism."
I stand by my record on this forum.
I've never judged people according
to their race, religion, gender, colour,
et cetera. I've always taken people as I find them
and I judged them by their behaviour.

Anyway, Thank You for continuing to post.
It keeps my sane because yes - I have
certainly noticed the dropping of the bar
in recent discussions. Hopefully, things
will again pick up with some new membership.
Please keep on posting.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 24 February 2017 8:01:50 PM
Steel and Redux,

I doubt very much that the tone of the debate will improve as I believe it to be the intent of SM and his like to become more like the slime and scum in One Nation in a feeble effort to try and court back some of the primary vote.

It's the same with the settlements in Israel .. in that my appraisal of them is that they are so prone to fits of paranoia that they have long since avowed never to give any person/group or state the opportunity to do to them again what the Nazis did.

So, knowing full well that building settlements on Palestinian land will antagonise them (not to mention their general inhumane and ill-treatment of them by way of collective punishment) they do wait like trap door spiders waiting to pounce. And when a minority of hot heads attack them out they jump and say "you see, they are nothing if not violent, and we must not give them the opportunity to hurt us."

Thus, for a long time I have been opposed to a 2 state solution but would rather see the Palestinians evicted and sent far away. It is a ludicrous proposition to want to make such mortal enemies to sleep almost in the same bed.

It is a cruel strategy that they employ, as if they wait for an entire people to be cowed into submission before they will extend common decency to them .. food/medicine/housing and so on. And that is where I would pick-a-bone with them .. their policies of collective punishment.

Rather, if they were sincere they would be nice to them, provide them what they need to have some semblance of dignity and I believe that will have a calming effect to some extent. Thereafter they must deal with the militants as they always have.
Posted by DreamOn, Friday, 24 February 2017 9:00:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy