The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Trump trade > Comments

Trump trade : Comments

By Michael Knox, published 30/1/2017

Trump likes bilateral trade agreements, not multilateral trade agreements. Australia is good at both.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Ah yes, a degree. And clearly earned by a born to rule rich kid?

Money buys anything, including it would seem, meritorious assignments handed in on time and perfect papers?

And arguably, just as authentic/authenticated as the last presidential election?

I wonder if any of the Nazis had degrees or PHD's even? And without question those who had one, made them into more inclusive empathetic progressive (wonderful, kind, generous) human beings?

President Trump seems to be manifesting the first symptoms of Age related dementia? Something President Reagan, another quoted Presidential economist in recent memory, reportedly had?

[Thank God for Nancy!]

A degree in economics? [The school of Chicago?] Well, probably explains why he was such a successful businessman? Or even a six time bankrupt?

Put ten economists in the same room and you'll get thirty different opinions?

A thirty year study by an Ivy league university, followed some 300 economists for thirty post graduate years? And found, the greater their reputation the less successful their economic forecasts or no better than a dart throwing monkey!

Perhaps Donald likes throwing darts?

Let's hope he throws enough money and bluster at the plethora of problems he confronts and leaves his darts in their case at home?

Q: What's the definition of a jungle gentleman?
A: A monkey that don't monkey with another monkey's monkey!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Monday, 30 January 2017 12:03:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Interesting article.

What I can't understand is why the sabre-rattling with China? Why can't people just get along? What is the need for military threats?
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Monday, 30 January 2017 2:16:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm sure trade, & especially free trade is great for Morgans, & other members of the elites, but it does nothing for us peasants.

The industrial revolution was wonderful for the UK elites, & did no harm at all to the Indian & Chinese elites.

I don't think it did much for the average UK factory worker. It took a century & a couple of world wars for them to gain very much, & then it was an unintended consequence, not by design. It took another half a century for any advantage to trickle down to any of the Indian or Chinese workers. There even now, it is not exactly widespread in it's benefits, & they are not exactly huge.

I doubt Mr Knox would get the average ex factory worker in most of Europe or the US to agree they have seen much gain for them in any of the free trade agreements. I suppose it does help their unemployment benefits go a little further, if you can call that a gain.

For me, agreements like NAFTA mean I can no longer trust components labelled with once highly respected brand names of US companies. Stuff coming out of Mexico is worse than useless, it fails so quickly. Meanwhile the yank that used to make the good stuff is on benefits.

Try getting out of that high rise some time, come down to earth with us peasants. Those fruits of trade are spread so thinly there is nothing left to trickle down here to the displaced worker.

You keep your free trade deals, I'll take Trumps protectionist ideas any day.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 30 January 2017 5:29:59 PM
Globalisation and 'free' trade are ruining us.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 30 January 2017 10:13:04 PM
Talking about trade etc, I see that the first freight train from
China to the UK has arrived at the DB terminal in the UK.

Now that will change the freight situation from east to west.
No info on how many days.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 31 January 2017 11:00:20 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy