The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Removing the right to protect our children > Comments

Removing the right to protect our children : Comments

By Bekah Bel, published 20/1/2017

The regulation that forces you to ask for permission to protect your child, and then makes you wait for that permission to be granted.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Nothing wrong with home schooling especially in the early years of a child's education. Long story but my daughter came into my care after a 3 year custody battle. During those 3 years my daughter was missing weeks of school every term. AT 8/9 YO, a few weeks after she came into my care she did the year 3 basic skills test, finished bottom in the school and was placed in the Special Needs Class. This was the broken child I was given courtesy of her mother,the family court and the social workers. I was to spend years repairing the damage done to my child. In all honesty I cannot really blame the teachers for this. It is hard to teach a child who is seldom there. I spent every weeknight for several years at the kitchen table teaching her myself. 2 years later she finished 4th in the school after doing the year 5 test. Once she started high school,as I had done my schooling decades before, I was unable to help her much but by then she was highly motivated and achieving extremely well. She finished 3rd out of 80 students when she completed year 12. She went off to the big smoke (I live in a country town) to attend university. There she completed a 4 year Psychology degree with 1st Class Honours before she was even 21 yo, won the Flinders University medal and a year or so ago completed a PHD in Forensic Psychology, yet if the powers that be had, had their way it would never have been and what a tragic waste of a child's life that would have been. I will never forget the words she wrote in the acknowledgements at the start of her Honours Thesis :- Finally thankyou to my dad. For fighting for me, guiding me through life and always believing in me. I could not have reached this point without the sacrifices you made. Made me one very proud dad and made all I had gone through and the countless hours spent so very worthwhile.
Posted by eyeinthesky, Tuesday, 24 January 2017 10:25:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy