The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Solving the problem of Australia Day > Comments

Solving the problem of Australia Day : Comments

By Stephen Chavura, published 25/1/2017

Debating the date of Australia Day

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
I'm not going to read this. No disrespect to the writer, but he does say that the same-old-same-old occurs each Australia Day - as with Christmas, Easter, Anzac Day, or anything which is an Australian tradition. There is no 'problem' with Australia Day or any of the celebrations or memorials that are part of OUR AUSTRALIAN CULTURE. The only problem lies with the half-wits who nag, carp, and carry on annually. The should be ignored; they don't count for anything, and are as boring as bat crap.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 25 January 2017 4:01:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'm fine with the idea of a Whites only Australia day, the "nation of immigrants" can go their own way and latch onto Tet or Diwali or Ramadan, or whatever. We'll reclaim the 26th, cut the government out of the commemoration, strip it of the multicultural BS and install the day as a national White pride day, theoretically everyone should then be happy.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Wednesday, 25 January 2017 4:58:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't see the point of changing the date, it has served us well.

However as all Aussies are supposed to be "mates" if we do change the date let's consider May the 8th or Maa8 day...get it Mate-Maa8 day.

Sounds OK to me

Geoff
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Wednesday, 25 January 2017 5:07:10 PM
Electrifying comment Geoff maaate! How's that thumb holding out? More callouses than blisters I hope?
Cheers, Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 25 January 2017 5:52:40 PM
All good Alan, although too bloody hot for me now in the high 30's, thanks for asking.

I hope you had a great New Year, all the best for the remainder of 2017.

Cheers
Geoff
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Wednesday, 25 January 2017 11:41:34 PM
Why dont we call it, the Australia Day Weekend, and hold it every
year on the 3rd week of January.

Mothers day, and Fathers day, dont have set dates, it goes by what
weekend it is.
Posted by CHERFUL, Friday, 27 January 2017 1:14:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy