The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Byron nightmare > Comments

Byron nightmare : Comments

By Sue Arnold, published 12/1/2017

Byron is not a 'green shire'. Money, greed and a complete inability of council to protect the natural assets and the beauty of this place will ensure its ultimate destruction.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Daffy
Sadly those comments are all on topic while yours is off on a wild goose chase. We have ducks here and galahs. Parrots come on the verandah and mess it up with Byron Bay park litter. Cockatoos make a mess of wattle trees chewing the bark for grubs. It might rain soon.
Posted by nicknamenick, Thursday, 12 January 2017 3:14:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a lot of rot.

Back in the early 70s, when Byron Bay was starting to be mentioned, but not developed I anchored there on a passage from Sydney. I found a totally unremarkable bay, of no particular attraction, & wondered why anyone would chose it above other far nicer bays.

I stopped overnight by car a couple of times in the 80s actually looking for what all the hype was about. Then I thought about the only attraction was the improvement in eating venues.

To rave about it's beauty can only mean the lady has very little knowledge of our east coast. I could name at least 50 much more beautiful spots, & a few hundred of equal attraction.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 12 January 2017 3:23:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
D.D. gets it and the asinine absolutism by cloud dwelling (lock it and leave it) green advocates, of replacing productive manufacturing; and or, value adding processing, with (volume) tourism and tourists, who love you to death!

And now that their preferred (nightmare) die is cast? Finally see the light and the idiot in the mirror, who along with other equally like minded cloud dwelling idiots, created a catastrophe, going somewhere to happen?

We can't all be doctors, lawyers and forelock tugging (a penny Sir, how generous, my family will bless you) door openers!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 12 January 2017 4:10:25 PM
I live in an area hat doesn't attract many tourists, tourism around here is a cottage industry with a few B&Bs making a go of it.
The result is that local businesses are rock solid and don't depend on passing trade; anywhere that depends on tourism leaves itself open to feeling the brunt of economic fluctuation very quickly.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 12 January 2017 6:14:20 PM
I'm with Hasbeen. What is there to like? My one and only visit left me with a sense of a Miami golf resort.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 13 January 2017 8:53:15 AM
Yes the park with the faeces may in fact be a Greenie organic golf course. Turds are for practice driving and putting.
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 13 January 2017 10:34:05 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy