The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Carter threatens chaos for Obama, Trump and US foreign policy > Comments

Carter threatens chaos for Obama, Trump and US foreign policy : Comments

By David Singer, published 7/12/2016

Jordan - 78% of former Palestine - originally designated as part of the location for the Jewish National Home - still remains the key to resolving the Jewish-Arab conflict.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Why bother with this farce, when all that's needed is massive military force and genocide? To take what you want? And happening?

Regardless of any other folks more legitimate claims to the land of their fathers, Grand fathers and Great Grandfathers!

How about we correct the mistake and re-designate that land back to those who occupied it before the war, as bonafide legitimate occupants?

To the victor goes the spoils, is a time worn phase, to essentially legitimise theft! And if the axis powers had won, would you still claim it had legitimacy or the force of law?

I tire of your mendacious disingenuous, broken record (God gave this land to his chosen people) rethoric David!

And urge others to no longer engage in absolutely fruitless endevour, or further waste their valuable time, or see or hear you and your ilk! It's squirrel in a cage stuff that goes nowhere!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Wednesday, 7 December 2016 10:38:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well argued David.

And fortunately Obama has been in his lame duck period since 8 November 2016. In this period a President cannot undertake (by convention) major policy changes. This is especially if the President-Elect (Trump) is from a non-Democrat, opposing/disaggreeing party, that has very pro-Israel policies.

At 92, the only one term President, Jimmy Carter, has little or no legitimacy to set himself up as soothsayer* of the Middle East.

* http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/soothsayer
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 7 December 2016 2:55:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Off topic. Here's an interesting article: http://www.businessinsider.com/r-in-bid-to-belong-israeli-arabs-sign-up-for-israels-army-2016-12?IR=T

KISUFIM, Israel (Reuters) - A battalion of soldiers crawls across the desert sand with assault rifles cocked. It's a routine exercise, but these are no ordinary troops - they are Arabs who have chosen to fight for the Jewish state.

While the vast majority of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) are Jews - and nearly all their conflicts have been against Arab nations - a trickle of Israeli Arabs volunteer for the army.

..."Why did I decide to enlist?" asks Sergeant Yusef Salutta, a 20-year-old Arab from the north of Israel who serves with the Desert Reconnaissance Battalion. The army rarely grants journalists access to the unit.

"Because I'm from this country and I love the country and I want to contribute," he said. "Everyone should enlist, anybody who lives here should enlist."...
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 7 December 2016 9:02:52 PM
Also Off-Topic Here's some equal opportunity surveillance http://intelnews.org/2016/12/08/01-2022/ :

"US, British intelligence agencies spied on Israelis and Palestinians, files show" DECEMBER 8, 2016 BY JOSEPH FITSANAKIS

Documents accessed by a French newspaper show that American and British intelligence agencies worked together to spy on diplomats, academic researchers and defense contractors in Israel and the Palestinian territories.

Last year, the German newsmagazine Der Spiegel and the American newspaper The Wall Street Journal reported that the United States National Security Agency spied on senior Israeli politicians throughout the last decade, including Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and his successor, Benjamin Netanyahu.

Now French daily Le Monde has alleged that the NSA teamed up with its British equivalent, the Government Communications Headquarters to spy on Israeli foreign service officials and diplomats, academic researchers and defense contractors. The newspaper also alleged that British and American spies targeted Palestinian government officials..."

I hope Netanyahu murky interests in submarines were not revealed http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4888846,00.html
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 8 December 2016 5:23:18 PM
Given the disaster that US foreign policy in the middle east has been and contributed to it's hard to see that breaking a long running foreign policy approach is of itself a terrible thing.

Time for some big changes I think.

I doubt though that trying to leave Trump with a late breaking policy change would stick, I suspect if one president can make the decision the next can reverse it in one way or another. If anything it would potentially put Trump in a position politically which might harden his views rather than soften them, it would be very hard to leave such an obvious move in place for someone so determined to "Win".

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 8 December 2016 6:42:39 PM
I agree with you R0bert and as I wrote above:

"...fortunately Obama has been in his lame duck period since 8 November 2016. In this period a President cannot undertake (by convention) major policy changes. This is especially if the President-Elect (Trump) is from a non-Democrat, opposing/disaggreeing party, that has very pro-Israel policies.

At 92, the only one term President, Jimmy Carter, has little or no legitimacy to set himself up as soothsayer of the Middle East."

Pete
Posted by plantagenet, Friday, 9 December 2016 1:48:16 PM
There was another well known racist, better known than Mr Singer and his ilk, who divided the world into Übermenschen and Untermenschen. This racist supremacism was referred to the Germanic ("Aryan") race whose people were uniquely linked by ancestry and shared DNA (though in those days the term was "blood" not DNA). History and inborn superiority entitled them to seize large and expanding tracts of territory for Lebensraum to be settled by Übermenschen. The more fanciful among them may have felt they were chosen by God. Imagine how they would have greeted a suggestion in 1939-45 like Jimmy Carter's that Poland should be treated as an independent state peopled by Poles! Especially if the suggestion had gone beyond Carter's and called for the settlers to be made to return to their homelands. I guess these grubs would have been as scandalised by such a notion as Mr Singer and those around him were by Mr Carter's suggestion.

It is fortunate that the world was guided by a moral compass, and as a result the leading Übermenschen ended their days cowering in an underground bunker or dangling from a hangrope. There is no divinely chosen race of Übermenschen.
Posted by EmperorJulian, Monday, 12 December 2016 7:33:00 PM
"..... the only one term President, Jimmy Carter."

Great bit of research there Planty ..... NOT!
Posted by Billyd, Wednesday, 14 December 2016 9:42:08 PM
Yes Carter proved a very unsuccessful, one-term, President who failed to sought out the US Embassy in Iran hostage crisis.

Although "man of peace Carter" earlier served as a ballistic missile submarine officer he goes down as America's No. 1 Presidential Wimp of the 20th century...
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 15 December 2016 3:26:59 PM
What would Plantagenet have said in 1939-45 about restoring Poland to the Poles? What's the difference? Just the wrong brand of racial supremacism these days?
Posted by EmperorJulian, Thursday, 15 December 2016 4:54:41 PM
Planta in his guise as the greatest Plantagenet, King Edward "Longshanks" I, would definitly not have returned Scotland to the Scots!

Otherewise he would not be their "Hammer". Take heed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_I_of_England
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 15 December 2016 5:18:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy