The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Tesla, Apple and Uber push lithium prices even higher > Comments

Tesla, Apple and Uber push lithium prices even higher : Comments

By James Stafford, published 20/10/2016

After more than tripling in price this year, Lithium is no longer that dull commodity we take for granted in our consumer electronics.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
And sure to result in frenzied exploration by Boy and his dog, ultimately ending in massive over supply!? Why? extremely abundant and energy dense thorium!

If I were to step outside my house and fill a cubic metre box with soil, from virtually anywhere. I' be able to extract around 8-9 grams of the most energy dense material on the planet? And power my house, car and all my material wants with that little ball of massively condensed energy for the next 100 years!

And given recovery costs might well max out at $100.00?

For just a dollar a year potentially? Plus whatever the price gouging energy barons think the market can stand? Albeit, a very different market, with lots more competition for a shrinking by the day market!

And where only the early bird, (be warned) makes the real money!

Apart from being abundant, thorium is energy dense and used unenriched in slow molten salt reactors, where it can safely burn existing nuclear waste, as well as provide, SAFE CLEAN CHEAP energy, and cheap enough to ensure desalinated water (new deionisation technology) is cost effective enough for myriad irrigation projects. That have the capacity to turn all uninhabitable arid desert regions of our world into veritable gardens of eden! And with that doable outcome, end want and war! Moreover, given the population plateaus at 9 billion? The next boom is likely to be the food boom!

It's said, land is the basis of all wealth? And only true if you have water to put on it! And where the new millionaires of tomoorow, will be made!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 20 October 2016 1:51:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Explanatory note. Various research projects would seem to indicate that our electric vehicles, cars, buses, planes, trains, trucks, trams and tractors might be able to safely use inboard thorium as the only necessary fuel or energy source, and with just 8 grams of the safe clean, everywhere abundant material, without refueling for the next 100 years?

Can you imagine what that could do to the oil market/futures, batteries and lithium? Power generation from any and all current sources? And the reason for all the nonsense, countervailing, hyped to hell and back opinion and hysteria!?

I mean what's to become of Mr Putin, the Saudi princes and the massively manipulated energy market, once somebody, with little enough to lose and everything to gain, (the Ukraine?) takes the lead?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 20 October 2016 2:08:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If lithium is the new oil? What about actual oil? Not conventional or tight oil; but that created from seawater, utilising nuclear energy and a couple of useful catalysts? And already proven science?

I witnessed a model airplane fueled with fuel derived from abundant seawater, take off and fly just weeks ago! And the report along with the needed catalysts can be found on U tube?

I heard the report and noted the discribed procedure along with the catalyst requirement? As did millions!

Apparently Co2 harvested from seawater, can be turned into a hot liquid by a number of expansion and contraction steps, then combined while in that state, with hydrogen. To produce hydrocarbons like methanol, jet fuel and a more than useful substitute for diesel?

Meaning, all fuel types including gas can be produced from copious seawater, using nuclear technology. And given that nuclear technology is safe, clean, cheap,abundant thorium based, molten salt technology!

For a fraction of the price we now pay!

Ordinary folk would revolt against the fossil fuel industry ASAP, if they were not captive cash cows of folks ready to milk them of every centavo! And if presented with an opportunity to get out from under bellicose belligerent billionaire oil barons, will not hesitate!

All that prevents that economic revolution is, I believe, puppet politicians, deep in the pocket of big oil, big nuclear and big BS!

While I'm not completely certain, I don't believe we're in any danger of running out of seawater any time soon! Nor is there a tap that can be turned down to artificially force prices skyward!

Enough confection already, gather ye rosebuds while ye may! Or just cut your losses and get onboard the new nuclear powered express gravy train bound for thorium! It's being held at the station for some late arrival VIP's?

If you're not onboard when they turn up, it'll leave without you! Your choice!?
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 20 October 2016 3:32:54 PM
Interesting article, particularly from an investment perspective.

However over-supply could turn out to be a problem, especially if the boffins continue the current trend to find ways to use less lithium and change the manufacturing process to do away with the initial massive investment currently required. See link below.

http://scitechdaily.com/new-battery-design-cuts-lithium-ion-battery-cost-in-half/
Posted by Pilgrim, Monday, 24 October 2016 4:47:37 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy