The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Thoughts on the plebiscite > Comments

Thoughts on the plebiscite : Comments

By Michael Thompson, published 24/8/2016

Opposition to a plebiscite basically assumes that the public will vote against gay marriage, so a plebiscite shouldn't be held because the public have no rights in this matter.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. Page 20
  10. All
The problem for me Thomas O'Reilly is that when this is enacted there will be law suits against the Christian Churches for "Equality". Of course the ABC will defend to the death the right of Islam to follow it's own path and deride Christians.
You do not want equality you want admiration, you do not want agreement you want subservience and most of all you want/need admiration. Or else it's off to 18c and $250k in damages.
personally I think gender is inherently part of us and to change to this loony toons nonsense is just a nice little earner for all the usual parasites that infest our country.
Posted by JBowyer, Sunday, 11 September 2016 8:21:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//The problem for me Thomas O'Reilly is that when this is enacted there will be law suits against the Christian Churches for "Equality".//

Wow, check it out guys: we have a modern-day Nostradamus in our midst. JBowyer is psychic! Or something starting with psych, anyway.

May I ask what method you used to obtain your certain knowledge of the future, oh great seer? Did you see it in the liver of a sacrificed sheep? Did you heat up a piece of turtle shell and interpret the resulting cracks? Did you read it in some tea leaves or coffee grounds?

Did you just make it up?

On the whole, it doesn't seem very probable. The likelihood of the Government not writing exemptions into the act for religions is precisely bugger all. It's a bit like the Catholic church having clearly discriminatory employment policies, but being able to get away with it because they're exempt under the sex discrimination act.

Also, the Government is unable to legislate a requirement that anybody admire anybody else: that is nonsense on stilts.

//Or else it's off to 18c//

Section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act? The one that prohibits certain actions on the basis of race, colour or national or ethnic origin? What does that have to do with same sex marriage?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Sunday, 11 September 2016 10:26:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. Page 20
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy