The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Thoughts on the plebiscite > Comments

Thoughts on the plebiscite : Comments

By Michael Thompson, published 24/8/2016

Opposition to a plebiscite basically assumes that the public will vote against gay marriage, so a plebiscite shouldn't be held because the public have no rights in this matter.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. All
o sung wu,

Yes, I’m aware that you don’t like me. You remind me often enough. I don’t have much of a problem with you, though.

Thanks for explaining why you don’t like me:

<<At the very beginning I, and several other contributors herein were in the process of discussing some matter that touched upon the criminal law, and up popped A J PHILIPS and waded in without any thought to what others had contributed on the matter.>>

In what way was my wading in thoughtless or uncouth, as you have implied it was? You make it sound like I rudely barged in.

There are no exclusive discussions on OLO. Everyone is entitled to wade in on a public forum such as this whenever they wish, so long as they remain reasonably polite, and I was exceptionally polite in that instance.

Here was my comment: http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6635&page=0#200254

Doesn’t exactly resemble the picture you painted now, does it? Your recollection of that fateful day is as inaccurate and defamatory as the re-enactment of Homer Simpson’s alleged sexual assault was:

http://youtu.be/m-vuVjiF8Jk?t=88

You become highly emotional when someone counters your opinion, which causes you to then interpret a situation very differently to how it’s actually playing out in reality.

<<Recklessly, I engaged with you in order to explore a more pragmatic approach to the issue...>>

Oh please. Don’t make out now as if you sincerely and naively tried to converse the big bad AJ who, unbeknownst to yourself, had more sinister plans in mind.

<<What happened next I forget…>>

See the above link. Now everyone can know.

<<…but ever since that first encounter, you've quoted this text, and that text and what some eminent Social Scientist had stated, and so on.>>

What is wrong with that? Can you point to an occasion in which my doing so was inadequate or inappropriate?

<<So when an unknown theoretician appears and starts lecturing a former Squad Sergeant on how to do his job…>>

At no point have I lectured you on how you should have done your job.

You too are simply engaging in character assassination here.
Posted by AJ Philips, Tuesday, 30 August 2016 10:26:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A J PHILIPS your last sentence says it all ! And every time you stick your silly theoretical chin up, you'll feel that venom of my intense dislike of you !
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 31 August 2016 1:29:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Um, o sung wu, most people wouldn’t admit to trying to engage in character assassination.

<<A J PHILIPS your last sentence says it all !>>

It’s a nasty, childish, and fallacious form of response.

<<And every time you stick your silly theoretical chin up, you'll feel that venom of my intense dislike of you !>>

Charming. I’ll look forward to it.
Posted by AJ Philips, Wednesday, 31 August 2016 1:58:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In addition to allowing himself to become all upset, O SUNG WU, presents as a candidate in need of a chemical straight jacket.

And if his claims of being a former police person are true, then he is also demonstrating why he never got that promotion.

AJ's manner of providing studies to back up his assertions is a pleasure to read. It is the way of logic, the way of reasoned debate and the way of the decision making process as it is practiced in the West.

If you calm down O SUNG WU you may find that you are able to learn from AJ, and others, as we all learn from one another through this form of interaction. It may be that some of the core learning that you failed to grasp in your earlier career which in turn held you back then can still be learnt and mastered now, if you maintain an open mind, and cause the stormy seas of your emotions to be still.

Consider going back to the beginning, and when you encounter something that your not certain how to interpret, just ask people to qualify. Sometimes, the person in question may may well assist by taking the time and the thought to reply ans so it goes on.
Posted by DreamOn, Wednesday, 31 August 2016 3:06:09 PM
Oh DREAMON perhaps I can learn from you ? Now you've got me, I've been outed, I never was a copper, so it would be ridiculous to seek promotion in an occupation that I was never in, now wouldn't it ?

Do you think it was some long held aspiration of mine to be a real policemen that caused me to 'unravel' as it were ? A sort of unfulfilled desire perhaps ? Help me out here please DREAMON, what would be the point of me sitting at the knee of A J PHILIPS in order that I might learn from him ? Learn what precisely ? Humility, modesty, diffidence perhaps ? Sorry, none of these qualities form any fragment of A J PHILIPS's character, nor any part of his vocabulary either I'd suggest.

And I don't believe for a minute DREAMON, 'The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrist', are dedicating their entire programme at their annual conference, featuring A J PHILIPS and his bizarre hubris as their (key note) topic, surely they'd not have sufficient time, now would they ?

My first question of you, oh masterful sensei ? Why is it do you suppose, A J PHILIPS is such a committed supporter and apologist of those males who prefer to engage in anal sex with other males ? I await your wise counsel DREAMON.
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 31 August 2016 4:12:24 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//Maybe we could call it FAM?//

OK.. how it is expressed in terms of S.I. base units? You know: meters, seconds, amperes, kelvins... that sort of thing.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 31 August 2016 5:02:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. All