The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Zika marches on: lessons not learnt > Comments

Zika marches on: lessons not learnt : Comments

By Peter Curson, published 4/8/2016

Despite all this some are now saying that the epidemic has peaked in Brazil and Latin America but in reality it may take years for it to fully disappear and its effects will linger much longer.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All
It's easy to keep your head in the sand and poke fingers at everyone else.
But there's massive increases in autism and food allergies and I wont turn a blind eye to these things.
I'm not necessarily opposed to vaccines I'm opposed to unsafe vaccines.

Your peer reviewed science is the science of big business printing money.

I'm not allergic to peanuts, so what I should just say 'not my problem' and ignore the statistics?
And ignore what other people are saying so I can be a shill for big business like you?

http://www.drpalevsky.com/articles_pages/346_Peanut_Oil_in_Vaccines_Since%20the_1960s.asp
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/robert-de-niro-says-wife-7748327

I'm getting sick and tired of this backward thinking world and this insane habit of people attacking other people simply because they don't hold an opinion that isn't PC or favorable to others.

That I have an opinion and concerns that suddenly I should be attacked because I think for myself and won't go along with the hive mind like all the other 'useless idiots' and 'mindless jellyfish'?

I don't need to be an expert.
I hear enough of what other more intelligent people are saying and I'm capable of forming my own opinions.
I'm also entitled to express my own opinions, so if you don't like it you can go shoot up some Thiomersal (mercury) and see if you can't turn yourself gay as an immune response, since we know that mercury causes homosexual behavior.
I don't need to be an expert to know that wheres there's smoke there's fire and that increased autism rates and food allergy rates have to come from somewhere.
It's either the food, the water or the vaccines.

Keep your head in the sand and attack others if you want but it doesn't change anything.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 4 August 2016 6:09:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Give a fool enough rope and he'll hang himself with it. And given your latest post armchair? Good job, well done!

Mercury causes homosexuality? Possibly, but only on a six thousand year old planet as flat as a pancake and at the centre of the visible universe!

I've never ever been guilty of ignoring compelling evidence in favor of an opinion that I choose to become welded to Armchair! Sergeant Schultz would be proud!
Alan B.
Posted by Alan B., Thursday, 4 August 2016 7:18:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//That I have an opinion and concerns that suddenly I should be attacked because I think for myself and won't go along with the hive mind like all the other 'useless idiots' and 'mindless jellyfish'?//

The reason that anti-vaxxers get attacked, Armchair Cretin, is because they spread dangerous misinformation which has to potential to cause death and serious disability. As far as I'm concerned, such behaviour is unconscionable and I will always speak out strongly against it. Freedom of speech does not give one the right to shout 'Fire!' in a crowded theatre.

//I hear enough of what other more intelligent people are saying and I'm capable of forming my own opinions.//

No, you are too easily misled by people telling you lies that you are unwilling to apply critical analysis to because you so desperately want to believe in conspiracy theories. As such, the opinions you form are invariably those in favour of conspiracy theories, even when those conspiracy theories are easily debunked.

//we know that mercury causes homosexual behavior.//

In birds. Are you a very clever corvid who's learnt to type? No? Then I shouldn't worry about it too much if were you. If you've received a toxic dose of mercury, shagging is likely to be the last thing on your mind anyway. You'd probably be more worried about your hair, teeth and nails falling out and your skin peeling off. Probably not much chance of picking up in gay bar when you look like that either.

//food allergy rates have to come from somewhere.
It's either the food, the water or the vaccines.//

It's the food. Here's an article with some real science that might shed some light on the matter:

http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2014-09-22-dry-roasting-could-help-trigger-peanut-allergy

And here's one about autism and vaccines:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2682483/

Now pipe down and stop parroting lies.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Thursday, 4 August 2016 11:16:12 PM
"But there's massive increases in autism and food allergies and I wont turn a blind eye to these things."

There has been an increase in reports of autism due to changes in diagnostic criteria and better awareness http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=9495906&fileId=S003329171400172X

"Apparently they've been covering up a vaccine link to autism for the last 14yrs."

There is no link between vaccination and autism. This is just a morphing conspiracy theory. http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/48/4/456.short

"That I have an opinion and concerns that suddenly I should be attacked because I think for myself and won't go along with the hive mind like all the other 'useless idiots' and 'mindless jellyfish'?"

You are entitled to have opinions as much as the next person. Equally, I am entitled to point out where your opinions are completely wrong.
Posted by Agronomist, Friday, 5 August 2016 1:36:05 PM
Dont you all know the US is a fasicst economic dictatorship and that corporate lobbyists pay off senators to pass laws that protect big pharma?
Or are you people still in dreamland that the world is inherently good?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-kirby/post2468343_b_2468343.html

Theres plently of people out there who claim that vaccines have changed their kids and not just A-list actors like De Niro, plenty of regular people and their voice is just as important as anyone elses.
http://www.vaccinetruth.org/

How can vaccines be considered effective if people can still contract the disease the vaccines are supposed to prevent?
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/whos-risk-measles-maybe-think/

People are taking a risk of side effects for potentially no innoculative benefit at all.
The only benefit is that big pharma gets richer.

So my comment that they are neither safe of effective is valid and 'up yours' to anyone who disagrees.

I'm not the enemy you know.
You people want to protect childen with vaccines, and I'm just as much concerned with protecting them from them.
The point is we're actually on the same side you idiots.
We all want to protect the kids.

You people are just being played so that we're divided against each other and that you attack me instead of the companies that are putting the kids at risk. Fools.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 6 August 2016 9:13:14 AM
Toni, you think the Autism problem lies with nutrition, and you could be right, but I'm not completely convinced.
(And that argument doesn't mean that vaccines are safe either, btw.)

A $500hr pediatrician who offers discounts on consultations if you buy their drugs exclusively, diagnosing conditions you've never heard of and offering the advice "make sure you feed your child a good bacon and eggs breakfast every day".
Well I don't know how well their science and tests can be trusted, there seems like just as much incentive to keep going back to the pediatrician.

I have some friends going through it at the moment, I don't really see any change in their kids behavior, but that's not to say there hasn't been any.

I don't think science has this issue nailed down properly yet.

If the food is the problem (And what are the Austism rates anyway 1 in 100 down to 1 in 30? Thats a question btw I don't know the stats) then shouldn't this issue be on every TV channel not Sonia Kruger?

We have cows being shot up to produce more milk, animals fed steroids to grow bigger and faster and roundup is now considered a carcinogen in at least a few European countries, so there is 'scope' for it to be the food.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 6 August 2016 9:13:42 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy