The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Will America survive a Trump administration? > Comments

Will America survive a Trump administration? : Comments

By Sam Ben-Meir, published 8/6/2016

To still think that a Trump defeat is a forgone conclusion is not only overly optimistic, but plays into the hands of Trump's presidential bid.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
sisterhood don't care how corrupt Hilary has been. Shows how morally bereft America has become when they could even consider voting for the woman.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 9 June 2016 6:06:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hey Arjay,
Nice find and a good article.
I consider us to be 'A nation driven by handouts and powered by debt' though I'm not really sure how accurate a description it really is, it's just my layman opinion.
Not sure we're really a nation anymore or just another country though, everyone's become so divided on petty social issues, it feels like we're starting to really lose our way.

I did hear somewhere the US have created another housing bubble all over again and although I'm not all that smart with economic stuff, isn't these AAA credit ratings while backed with poor quality loans and increased defaults what 'The Big Short' movie about the US housing crisis was all about?

So there's an expected house price crash in Australia?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 9 June 2016 7:35:18 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Armchair Critic,

By, “he demonstrates no understanding whatsoever of social issues”, I mean just that. Someone who doesn’t understand the social impact that singling out members of an entire religion for unfavourable treatment would have, is dangerously ignorant. Some of Trump’s solutions would be like trying to put a fire out with petrol.

<<And doesn't starting with a million and turning it into 10 billion mean he did pretty well?>>

He actually started with $200 million and is now worth $4.5 billion. So yes, he could have done a lot worse, but I’d be willing to bet that most of us here on OLO could have turned $200 million into $4.5 billion over the space of 42 years.

I hope you enjoyed John Oliver’s expose on Trump. However, I’m not sure how you could spruik his promises after having watched it. His promises wouldn’t be worth the paper that they would be written on had they not been so improvised.

<<They tried to buy him, and he can't be bought.>>

Sounds virtuous. Or is it just that he’s at least not stupid enough to contradict himself this one time? Given his behaviour and apparent lack of moral principals in every other possible respect, I’d have to conclude that it’s the latter.

<<The news link was amusing, but for something more serious you should try some Judge Janine Pirro or Hannity.>>

I might consider that if I thought there was even the remotest chance that they could say anything that might rescue Trump from John Oliver’s piece on him, or his own behaviour for that matter. But I don’t see how that’s possible. We’re talking about a child in an adult’s body here. I don’t see how anyone could take him seriously on any level.

For what it’s worth, I’m not a Hillary fan. I’m well aware of her problems. But she could be the devil and she’d probably still be better. A part of me is looking forward to the Trumpisms, however. They’ve already started:

“I’m very highly educated. I know words. I have the best words.” - Trump
Posted by AJ Philips, Friday, 10 June 2016 9:41:26 AM
AJPhillips "
For what it’s worth, I’m not a Hillary fan. I’m well aware of her problems. But she could be the devil and she’d probably still be better. A part of me is looking forward to the Trumpisms, however. They’ve already started:"

Absolutely! I too have a strange fascination with the words that actually come out of Trumps mouth, and the mindless morons who believe them. He would sell his own Grandmother if it would help him become President of the US.

He certainly isn't as boring as Hilary, but is much, much scarier.....maybe even worse than Runner's devil?
I can't wait for Hilary to get the gig, as I believe she most certainly will, just to see the reactions on this forum...
Posted by Suseonline, Friday, 10 June 2016 10:37:17 AM
//I can't wait for Hilary to get the gig, as I believe she most certainly will//

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American population. We're talking about a country where 42% of the population believe that God created human beings pretty much in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years or so, and where people listen to the NRA.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 10 June 2016 1:00:26 PM
I wish I was as confident as you, suseonline. I’m not sure what to think anymore. Every step of the way I’ve laughed at the idea of a Trump presidency, and every step of the way it’s turned out that I underestimated Tru… overestimated the American people.

One thing’s for sure though, if Trump does win, I’ll live in the moment this time. I spent the whole Bush administration commiserating over the fact that he was president and yet, when it was finally all over, I was saddened to see what I realised was going to be the end of eight years of non-stop entertainment with his Bushisms.

http://youtu.be/kdimK1onR4o?t=23

Well, not this time. If Trump does become president, I’m going to make sure I value every comical moment that he provides us with rather than just complain about his presidency. Unfortunately, though, as thick and fast as I’m sure the Trumpisms will flow in, I fear they won’t be as pleasant as Bush’s Bushisms. Bush had an almost-cute naivety about him. Trump, on the other hand, is just crude and egotistical.
Posted by AJ Philips, Friday, 10 June 2016 4:39:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy