The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Trump the fainthearted > Comments

Trump the fainthearted : Comments

By Gary Gambill, published 5/5/2016

What really sets the Republican frontrunner apart from the last century of men who have occupied the Oval Office are the profound insecurities he has revealed.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
A very poor attempt at character assassination, almost child-like. There's not one mention of any of Trump's policies. Hint: if you don't want people to vote for him or support him, state his policies and then why said policies are wrong.
Posted by Aristocrat, Thursday, 5 May 2016 8:42:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Referundemdrivensocienty if 8 years of Obama has not destroyed the electorate's confidence in the political establishment, nothing ever will.

Trump is obviously giving many ordinary yanks some hope that the system just might serve them for a change.

I do believe they are hoping for too much. Trump as president would be undermined at every turn, just as Abbott was, & achieve very little. He may be tough enough to overcome that, but I doubt anyone is that strong.

The big question is, could he actually survive being elected president. I'm slightly surprised he has not been assassinated already. The left have never been very good at accepting the will of the people.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 6 May 2016 1:36:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In many ways Trump and Sanders are very similar.

Both tell the voters what they want to hear, even if it is complete fantasy.

Both Sanders and Trump would be dangerous in office.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 6 May 2016 8:46:40 AM
Agreed Shadow Minister.
All the rise of Trump has demonstrated to me is the surprising numbers of dippy yippie-yi-o rednecks that actually live in the US, and vote for loony-toons like Trump as a possible Presidential possibility.

Mind you, Arnie was voted in as a Governor, which also still amazes me!
I would be willing to bet plenty that Trump will never be President.
There are surely not nearly as many mindless fools on the other side of politics in the US? Is there?
Posted by Suseonline, Friday, 6 May 2016 11:35:08 AM
There’s got to be a lesson in this for politicians. I’m not entirely sure what that is yet, but dear God there must be a lesson!

That someone who is so unintelligent, so openly sexist and racist, has so many failed business ventures, and is clearly only in it to satisfy his own ego, can become the Republican presidential candidate is simply gob-smacking. I get that his supporters appreciate that he speaks his mind, but spending a protest vote of Drumpf (his actual family name) could never be a solution.

I’m not sure if they’re actually able to, but I have heard a rumour that the Republican party are going to toss Drumpf and replace him with Kasich and Bush. They would sooner go down fighting with them than sell their conservative souls to Drumpf.

John Oliver summed up the situation, and just how much of a dud Drumpf is on all levels, very well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ
Posted by AJ Philips, Friday, 6 May 2016 12:18:11 PM
Speaking of Drumpf, if you install the Google Chrome extension, Drumpfinator, (which changes all instances of “Trump” into “Drumpf”) then this discussion looks very funny.

http://i.imgsafe.org/aa7170e.png

So does Google News, for that matter.

It's a neat idea given that the name "Trump" has unfortunately become synonymous with power and success, and is almost onomatopoeic.

I soon found out, however, that I needed to disable the extention for this post. Thought I was going crazy for a minute there.
Posted by AJ Philips, Friday, 6 May 2016 1:08:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy