The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Who to vote for? That is the question > Comments

Who to vote for? That is the question : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 15/4/2016

I doubt that most of us actually want leadership, if that means a great goal and a great leader to get us there.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Unfortunately picking between the main protagonists is like picking between B1 and B2.Personally I'll go for the cross benches. At lest they give the appearance of talking and thinking. They even give the appearance of being able to discuss and come to agreement with others in an intelligent and adult manner. B1 and B2 do not have any of those characteristics.

My two bob's worth and even that's over paying B1 and B2

DKit
Posted by dkit, Friday, 15 April 2016 9:10:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Don sums up the dilemma very well. A vote for anyone in the lower house is probably a waste of time. Labor will always be incompetent; the Coalition needs to be taught a lesson for veering so far away from its roots with the leftist, and nimcampoop, Turnbull. I will be writing "stop muslim immigration" on the lower house ticket, and voting ALA (if there is a candidate),Family First, and any independents available to put the Coalition, Labor and the Greens on the bottom.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 15 April 2016 11:15:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I hope that made you feel better Don, But it didn't help me.

You've expressed my feelings almost exactly, but that really doesn't help much.

Perhaps it has. While writing the above I came to the conclusion that the most important thing is to get rid of Turnbull, once & for all. We can't have the clown hanging around causing nothing but trouble.

Over the years, looking at recent history, I have come to realise that the worst & most destructive leaders have been the orators. They have always been the most arrogant & opinionated, the most wrong in those opinions, & the least likely to accept good advice.

Thus, apart from the imperative of getting rid of Turnbull, I think one should pick the least able speaker in the list of local candidates.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 15 April 2016 12:35:30 PM
I will putting a line through the house of reps and voting for the Australian Christians in the Senate. That way I won't be contributing to the further demise of this nation. The Libs might then wake up to their stupidity or split.
Posted by runner, Friday, 15 April 2016 1:26:39 PM
About par for the course for runner or did the local budgie appear and whisper in your ear,Australian Christians not Fred Niles version? or is this another bunch of tax dodgers who are in it to enrich themselves neither are very Christian
Posted by John Ryan, Friday, 15 April 2016 2:03:10 PM
TTBN, a vote for ALA is a vote for the Liberals, all these "Far right" groups are satellites of the Liberal party.
The Jacquie Lambie Network are the only real working class party likely to retain or gain senate seats, most of their policies are pretty good. I don't like her ideas on autonomous economic zones but you can't have everything, I'll be voting for Hugh Dolan her Victorian senate candidate.
If you want to lodge a genuine protest against the current political order then vote Australia First, though it remains to be seen if they can get enough candidates to run in all states.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 15 April 2016 4:53:51 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy