The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Clinton silent on honouring Bush's congress commitments to Israel > Comments

Clinton silent on honouring Bush's congress commitments to Israel : Comments

By David Singer, published 22/3/2016

Israel's insistence on these conditions had been major stumbling blocks in the PLO rejecting Israel's offer to withdraw from more than 90% of the West Bank.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
#mikk

On 11 April 1950 elections were held for a new Jordanian Parliament in which the Arabs on the west bank of the Jordan River were equally represented

On 24 April 1950 the Parliament unanimously passed the following resolution

“In the expression of the people’s faith in the efforts spent by His Majesty, Abdullah, toward attainment of natural aspirations, and basing itself on the right of self-determination and on the existing de facto position between Jordan and Palestine and their national, natural and geographic unity and their common interests and living space, Parliament, which represents both sides of the Jordan, resolves this day and declares:

First, its support for complete unity between the two sides of the Jordan and their union into one State, which is the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, at whose head reigns King Abdullah Ibn al Husain, on a basis of constitutional representative government and equality of the rights and duties of all citizens….”

To put it in simpler terms for you - an Arab living on one side of the Jordan River did not in 1950 consider himself different to an Arab living on the other side of the Jordan River.

No mention of "Occupied Palestinian Territories" or cries of "End the Occupation" or "stealing Palestinian land" or talk of Boycotts during those 17 years of Jordanian occupation.

That all changed when Jews returned to live in the West Bank which had been promised to them by the League of Nations and the United Nations and from which they had been forcibly kicked out almost 20 years before.

As I continually point out there is no need for another Arab State to be created between Israel and Jordan for the first time ever in recorded history.

Arab rejection of offers to achieve that result in 1922, 1937, 1947 and between 1948-1967, 2000/2001 and 2008 indicates such a solution is dead and buried.

Time to try and get Jordan - the last Arab occupier of the West Bank - involved in direct negotiations with Israel on the future of the West Bank.
Posted by david singer, Tuesday, 29 March 2016 9:28:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
David,
Fox News 29/3/2016:
UN Names Democratic Israel As World’s Top Human Rights Violator
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/03/29/can-t-make-it-up-un-names-democratic-israel-as-world-s-top-human-rights-violator.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV2GhOkQ1yY
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 31 March 2016 3:55:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
#Armchair Critic

Did you actually read the article you referred to OR did you just jump in when you read the screaming headline?

This is what the author actually wrote:

"According to the United Nations, the most evil country in the world today is Israel.

On March 24, 2016, the U.N. Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) wrapped up its annual meeting in New York by condemning only one country for violating women’s rights anywhere on the planet – Israel, for violating the rights of Palestinian women.

On the same day, the U.N. Human Rights Council concluded its month-long session in Geneva by condemning Israel five times more than any other of the 192 UN member states.

There were five Council resolutions on Israel. One each on the likes of hellish countries like Syria, North Korea and Iran. Libya got an offer of “technical assistance.” And countries like Russia, Saudi Arabia and China were among the 95 percent of states that were never mentioned.

No slander is deemed too vile for the U.N. human rights bodies that routinely listen to highly orchestrated Palestinian versions of the ancient blood libel against the Jews."

The author further stated:

"In Geneva’s grand U.N. “Human Rights” Council chamber, 750 people assembled, pounced on the Jewish state, broadcast the spectacle online, and produced hundreds of articles and interviews in dozens of languages championing the results.

On the ground, Israelis are being hacked to death on the streets, stabbed in buses, slaughtered in synagogues, mowed down with automobiles, and shot in front of their children.

At the New York’s UN headquarters, 8,100 NGO representatives gathered from all corners of the globe, in addition to government delegates, and watched the weight of the entire world of women’s rights descend on only one country.

On the ground, Palestinian women are murdered and subjugated for the sake of male honor, Saudi women can’t drive, Iranian women are stoned to death for so-called “adultery,” Egyptian women have their genitals mutilated and Sudanese women give birth in prison with their legs shackled for being Christian."

Thanks for the excellent article.
Posted by david singer, Thursday, 31 March 2016 12:43:09 PM
I know it was a one sided pro-Israeli article and that doesn't bother me. The headline was still valid enough to argue your claims.

"On the ground, Israelis are being hacked to death on the streets, stabbed in buses, slaughtered in synagogues, mowed down with automobiles, and shot in front of their children."

Yeah? And your point is?
Am I supposed to be sympathetic to the plight of these innocent people?
Am I supposed to grieve with you and scream for justice for these unfortunate victims?

No. Why the hell should I care about the human rights of one group of foreigners any more than any other?

You want me to be biased in my judgment of one group of people over another group of people.
Why should I buy into that?
I want liberty and freedom for all people not just a chosen few.

I'm going to let you in on the cold hard truth of who actually killed those people.
You wanna know who? I think you can guess.
That's right, You did it.
They did it to themselves.
Israel is responsible for the mess they find themselves in because they messed up from day 1 and made the Palestinians hostile.

You've been feeding the world a big pile of crap for decades while keeping these people in a damn cage and you want sympathy why they have nothing left to live for, have had enough of a oppressed life and fight back.

How much anger and resentment does it actually take for a person to reach the point where they are willing to attack armed defense personnel with knives knowing they will surely be killed?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 31 March 2016 3:43:34 PM
There's two sides to this damn story David and you conveniently only see one side.

You want to know one more time who killed those Jews just so it sinks in?
You did.
It sure as hell wasn't me.
You created this mess yourselves after WW2 and took the oppression from from the Nazi's out on the Palestinan people.
And one may have sympathy for your foolish plight in this regard if it wasn't for the fact that you instigated that war yourselves when you started an economic war against Germany.
If that's not enough how about manipulating the events of the first world war against Germany to gain the land of Israel through the Balfour declaration; and you act all innocent and wonder why there was pushback of the native people of Germany?

One may look at the situation as a whole and wonder if Zionist manipulated all these events in their own way to achieve the outcome of a Jewish state.

So tell me after imprisoning the Palestinians for decades and being foolish enough to actually question why they pushback (as if you shouldn't have learned why over the centuries) tell me why again I should have any sympathy at all for the situations you find yourselves in? That is the one you created for yourselves.

It seems to me that part of the whole reason you post your garbage is because you are trying to sell everyone a pack of lies David.
Well I'm sorry for not being as docile as all the other sheep but I'm not buying.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 31 March 2016 3:47:58 PM
David,
I just thought of another reason why your argument for Honoring Bush's commitments to Israel is a load of bs.

I not sure if you watched the other video about Why Israel Hates Donald Trump I added but it outlines how Israel own all the establishment candidates through George Soros, Sheldon Aledson, Koch Brothers etc..
And basically the President and all of congress are all bought and paid for.

Your arguing that commitments to Israel should be honored by the very same bought-and-paid-for Pro-Israel US Politicians.

Haven't you already rigged the game enough so that American citizens must pay billions a year endlessly while they are bankrupt to support your crappy little nation?

You people are manipulators, don't believe in democracy or the will of the people and are control freaks who meddle in other nations affairs for your own violent and imperial aspirations.

Stop trying to buy our democracy and our political leaders with the free trips to Israel.
Anyone with half a brain knows that's a bribe of our politicians and of manipulating the will of the Australian people.
What you engage in is shameless and you should be held in contempt of our nation.

You people know no shame but expect to use sympathy and goodwill as a means to get what you want from everyone else.

Also Australian attitude is of a "fair go".
The problems you created with the Palestinians is one of your own doing.
Don't drag us into your mess or try to buy our leaders.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 31 March 2016 4:23:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy