The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Domestic violence in review > Comments

Domestic violence in review : Comments

By Jennie Wilson, published 18/3/2016

Domestic violence is evident in the homes of those with wealth, and those living in poverty. Domestic violence does not discriminate.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Loudmouth, I wasn't having a go at heterosexual men, but merely stating the obvious.
There are far more heterosexual men in this country than gay men or women, so it stands to reason that of course the largest group of men perpetrating domestic violence in this country are heterosexual men. Am I correct?

There are also far more non-Muslim or non-indigenous men in this country, so it stands to reason that there are far more of these men perpetrating domestic violence in this country too. Am I correct?

So why wouldn't we acknowledge this fact and work hard on tackling the areas where the most violence occurs, rather than constantly trying to put all the blame elsewhere?

I am supportive of ALL victims of domestic violence regardless of gender, race, religion or sexuality, and agree it should be an all-encompassing approach to this scourge on our society, however, I won't stand by and not comment if some ignorant people try to ignore just where the biggest problems with domestic violence in Australia lies....
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 19 March 2016 7:58:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Susieonline

How are you supportive of male victims of domestic violence?
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Saturday, 19 March 2016 9:35:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Suse,

Yes, I suppose the vast majority of perpetrators of DV are men with two legs: not too many legless men commit DV, statistically speaking. So perhaps we should have a go at bipedalism as much as we should focus on heterosexual activity.

As you point out, rather pointlessly, the great majority of men in Australia are heterosexual, and the great majority of DV is committed by men who are heterosexual. Probably right-handed as well. But neither heterosexuality or right-handedness have anything particularly to do with DV, as opposed to homosexuality or left-handedness. Or leglessness, for that matter. DV doesn't necessarily spring from heterosexuality, or right-handedness, or legfulness either. They really are red herrings :)

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Saturday, 19 March 2016 10:37:39 PM
Is psychological torment excluded from domestic violence debate?
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/torment

Female hormones often play a significant role in argument and DV, including to the point of driving the female into depression and nervous breakdown.

While in a domestic relationship, consequence of arguments can lead females into having affairs and running off with another man and taking the children with them, all with support of the Family Court.

Fathers suffer from the psychological impact of losing their children for the rest of their lives, and the children suffer too.
Posted by JF Aus, Sunday, 20 March 2016 1:57:00 AM
>Of course I am aware of all victims of domestic violence, you will ever be, however, at >least I don't try and deny that men perpetrate more domestic violence and resulting >deaths of others

Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 19 March 2016 2:48:47 PM

How many of those men, have mental illness and/or drug and alcohol problems?

Secondly like we get told, that there are many types of feminists, there are also many types of men, and only a very small percentage will ever commit those offences.

So Suzie don't tar all men with the same brush!
Posted by Wolly B, Sunday, 20 March 2016 5:27:32 AM
As a former paramedic who manned ambulances, I'm here to say. Jenny's article is essentially correct as far a it goes.

However, to call a spade a spade the usually unreported (too much to lose) domestic violence perpetrated in Vaucluse or other upmarket suburbs; pales into virtual insignificance beside the (domestic, give me the F'ing money F'ing bitch?) violence meted out to Aboriginal women and their offspring in WET or drug addicted communities, where no doubt much of it, like routinely buggered (Raped) boys, is culturally acceptable "NORMAL" behavior, tradition, F'ing men's business or F'ing ENTERTAINMENT!

Verbal abuse setting the scene for all that follows including the release of control as a conscious and deliberate act?
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Sunday, 20 March 2016 10:52:44 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy