The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > The law is an ass > Comments

The law is an ass : Comments

By Michael Jensen, published 5/2/2016

The government, quite rightly, has allowed some from Nauru to come to Australia for medical treatment and for childbirth. This was the only just and humane thing to do, and it was done.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
That is a very accurate piece that goes to the heart of the matter.

It is one thing to protect borders, quite another to persecute and destroy harmless women and children who've had it so much harder than us.

This is too close to what the nazis were up to in ww2.
Posted by paul walter, Friday, 5 February 2016 10:13:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I don't imagine anyone is going to take your bait with that foolish 'Nazi' stuff and your "persecute and destroy harmless women and children" bollocks.

Just as few would ever be likely to treat your reply on another thread as anything but stirring the proverbial,

"I would pay $5000 to get rid of a certain member of my family and consider it would be a good investment so cheap."
Posted by paul walter, Friday, 5 February 2016 10:16:38 AM
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=7176&page=0#220316
Posted by onthebeach, Friday, 5 February 2016 10:31:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Curious that the test case was about a Bengali woman who doesn't have refugee status. There is no religious ar ethnic persecution in Bangladesh to my knowledge. Why can't she go back to Bangladesh?
Posted by Outrider, Friday, 5 February 2016 10:45:43 AM
It was heartening that the High Court actually supported Australia against whining illegals whose 'rights' are no concern of ours. Jensen's 'wanting' of the 12,000 Syrian extra potential threats to our safety and stability to arrive clearly shows that he, not the law, is the "ass". The Anglican Church has lurched to the Left in a desperate attempt for relevance. Sucking up to Islam, arch enemy of all other religions, is daft and suicidal. The Syrians (if they are in fact Syrians - doubt has been expressed - are 99% Muslim. The 'promise' to take in 'minority Christians' was hogwash because that group simply does not exist in sufficient numbers to make up anything close to 12,000.

As with everything else to do with 'refugees' , we have been lied to and cheated by politicians, lawyers and busybodies like Jensen.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 5 February 2016 11:17:01 AM
Ignore the fact that it is now too late to find a solution to the refugee question and then come to terms with the cause.
Bush, Howard and Blair ganged up and carried out illegal invasions of two countries on a false premise, purely to try and control the oil supply.
If they had been stopped from this there would not be any refugees, illegal boat people call them what you like but dispossessed humans fleeing war torn violence is what they are. The violence has now spread to other countries and will keep spreading especially now global warming is adding to the horror.
Australia has only seen the start of the refugees arrivals as the world continues towards it's approaching crisis.
And please, all the usual gang of trolls, haters anti everything that does not agree with their twisted view of what the world should be like, keep it to yourselves we have heard it all before.
goodbye.
"Never argue with fools, you only lower yourself to their level".
Posted by Robert LePage, Friday, 5 February 2016 12:27:05 PM
Robert,

I'm not going to argue with you - as per your little quote -and I agree that is highly likely that the 'refugee' problem would not exist if we and the "coalition" had kept our noses out of the Middle East. However, I think the bit about oil has always been a phurphy.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 5 February 2016 1:36:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy