The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > We should prepare for climate change: Professor Bob Carter 1942-2016 > Comments

We should prepare for climate change: Professor Bob Carter 1942-2016 : Comments

By Jennifer Marohasy, published 21/1/2016

Professor Carter did not like the term sceptic, he considered himself a rationalist, and popular usage of the term 'climate change' a tautology.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Denying everything is no proof, blind freddy can see change is happening and rather quickly. This has been talked about for 22 years, time that has been lost.
I get my information from the NASA site, which is cutting edge science, I do not like the word skeptic, it puts me straight off.
We must believe in the best science on offer, and not believe somehow it will correct itself. Man has come a long way and sometimes made a mess of our atmosphere. We are battling with a compromise of nature. Man has created what volcanic action caused in times gone by.
Alternate science has not satisfactorily found any other source for climate change, Co2 is the most prevalent and causing chain reactions to occur
Posted by 579, Friday, 22 January 2016 8:11:54 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What has been denied, 579?
The fraud promoters have no science to deny. Refer me to science which shows any measurable effect of human emissions on climate.
Forget the laboratory science on CO2. If that worked in practice, we would not have had a cessation of global warming over 18 years ago.
Why do you not read the Climategate emails, 579, and stop talking nonsense?
Posted by Leo Lane, Friday, 22 January 2016 12:02:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Blind Freddy Human emissions that are causing climate change are very well documented. Co2 is a known climate changer for the past 150 years. So what else would you like to know
Posted by 579, Friday, 22 January 2016 1:09:11 PM
You have made your ignorance of science quite clear 579.
Bob Carter summed up the science in 2009, and nothing has changed since then, other than him continually being proved right:

“, the hard reality is that after twenty years of intensive research effort, and great expenditure, no convincing empirical evidence exists that the human effect on climate (which is undeniable locally) adds up to a measurable global signal.
Rather, it seems that the human global signal is small and lies submerged deeply within the noise and variability of the natural climate system”.
http://www.quadrant.org.au/magazine/issue/2009/4/a-new-policy-direction-for-climate-change
There is no science to back your statements 579, which can only stem from ignorance or dishonesty. Care to clarify for us whether you are ignorant or dishonest? We cannot tell simply from your baseless incorrect statements.
Posted by Leo Lane, Friday, 22 January 2016 10:07:54 PM
I'm sure it is comforting to Bob Carter's family that he still had supporters as found in this comment's column and with the author. But the truth is, what Carter said was largely rubbish and the university was right not to renew his contract. It should have taken his title of 'Professor' away too because that title should only be associated with those that seek the genuine truth and not push an ideological barrow. My sympathies to his family and friends, but Carter will not be missed by the rest of us.
Posted by popnperish, Saturday, 23 January 2016 9:02:09 AM
may Bob's family find peace from the only true Peacegiver. True science based on truth will stand, the rest will be another example of men's fololish pride now disregarded. Bob was largely right about the gw fraud totally wrong about Creation.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 23 January 2016 9:23:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy