The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > What should we do about the United Nations? > Comments

What should we do about the United Nations? : Comments

By Don Aitkin, published 18/1/2016

We as Australians need to recognise that the country we have made was made through hard work and and a strong sense of ‘us’.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
I fail to see why we need to do anything about the UN, aside from remaining a good world citizen. No one forced us to join or even contribute financially. and given our size we contribute both ideas and leadership, well above our weight.

No one has twisted our arm to force us to agree to this or that ratified convention.

However there are some heritage listings I would want to reverse, for sound/sane economic and ecological/environmental reasons.
Rhrosty.
Posted by Rhrosty, Monday, 18 January 2016 2:21:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I feel the world would be a better place, if those Muslim terrorists had stuffed up their navigation, & flown into the UN building, rather than the world trade centre.

Feeding the world's poor would be an easy task, if we could just get all those UN snouts out of the trough.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 18 January 2016 7:33:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Australia should have no dealings at all with the UN, which gives the same weight to despots as it gives to democracies.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 19 January 2016 9:02:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy