The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > So, I guess it wasn’t all Israel’s fault after all > Comments

So, I guess it wasn’t all Israel’s fault after all : Comments

By Gary Gambill, published 14/1/2016

A friend of mine recently lamented that the Western media was downplaying the brutal string of Palestinian stabbings that has claimed 25 Israeli lives since September.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
How true.

I asked an Israeli who lives in Paris about their feelings following the recent terror attacks there:

- "Oh, that's nothing, it doesn't affect me: we got used to it long ago, but the French people, they only now start to get used to it".
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 14 January 2016 11:31:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The best article I've read on the Middle East in years.

Facing the threat from jihadis in their midst, self righteous, liberal wet Europeans and Jew hating Australians are now experiencing what Israelis have experienced since 1948.

I think it was a Prime Minister who said:

"Australia and Israel look to Russia, free of any pangs as to our traditional links or kinship with * Obama's failed US leadership, to destroy the jihadis, including IS, in the Middle East."

* an upadate of http://www.ww2australia.gov.au/japadvance/austous.html
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 14 January 2016 12:04:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well I guess any article written by an author who works for an entity which promotes US interests in the Middle East should be believed.

He mentions a few tens of thousands killed, try in the millions, not to mention those misplaced.

He dismisses the barbaric slaughter into Gaza by Israeli forces in 2014 as if it was a little mop up operation, not the wholesale slaughter it really was.

I am sure the average Palestinian would see it differently.

As to the killing of Israelis in recent times, well that would be called blow-back. You corner someone and give them no other option, what do you expect.

Writings like this go nowhere toward resolving the issues, they just fan the flames, something the hegemonic ambitions of the US love to perpetuate.
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Thursday, 14 January 2016 12:30:34 PM
Well bugger me David found a friend, apart from the religious nutters and derps who cant see that Israelis occupation and theft of Palestinian land, water, destruction of Houses, crops by Settlers who oddly enough never got a mention, racial cleansing in Jerusalem,yes what a load of propaganda only the name changes.
Or maybe Dave found a pseudonym to regurgitate the same old guff.
Posted by John Ryan, Thursday, 14 January 2016 1:13:14 PM
Hi Gary

I see you've written other super articles at Middle East Forum http://www.meforum.org/author/Gary+C.+Gambill

- No, Mr. Trump, Americans Aren't Intolerant, The Albany Times-Union December 30, 2015

- Turkey's Human Wave Assault on the West, The Hill, December 7, 2015

- Beware the Obama Administration's No-Alternatives Racket on Iran, The National Post, September 12, 2015

- Obama's Legacy and the Iran Nuclear Agreement, The National Post August 18, 2015

- Nuclear Creepout: Iran's Third Path to the Bomb, The National Interest, July 22, 2015

Luckily they keep the FBI advised of Islamic and ratbag white supremicist anti-Jewish threats.
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 14 January 2016 1:56:22 PM
Dear John,

Unlike David who does, I don't think that the author actually takes sides here.

What he does, is to note the fact that after about 70 years of continuous exporting of sensational headlines to bored Westerners, this particular source of news is fading and drying up as the parties descended into undramatic, predictable and cyclic rituals. This renders the issues as something "local" that will no longer be used to either exemplify or cover up other global issues.

I am very concerned about the atrocities of Boko Haram in Nigeria.
I am devastated by how North Korea treats its own people.
I support the Kurds in their struggle for freedom.
I will never forget the horrors of the Chinese occupation of Tibet.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 14 January 2016 2:52:33 PM
Well said Yuyutsu.
Unfortunately people like John and Geoff of Perth are so all consumed with hate they can't see the truth.
Posted by SF, Thursday, 14 January 2016 10:17:48 PM
SF I am not consumed with hate. I am not religious so don't roll out the tired and incorrect words "anti Semitic".

What I hate is seeing the murder of any people which is what, in truth, the Israeli forces do on a disproportionate rate against mostly innocent women and children in Gaza.

You, SF, are the one helping to perpetuate any hate, your bigotry is obvious for all to read.
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Thursday, 14 January 2016 11:19:21 PM
//I am not religious so don't roll out the tired and incorrect words "anti Semitic".//

You don't have to be religious to be racist, Geoff. Which, judging by your history of posting, is what you are: a nasty little racist toad.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 15 January 2016 8:06:47 AM
Toni if my condemnation of the ongoing murder of innocent people is racist then so be it. I sleep well at night, you should not be able to. If you can this indicates, in all likelihood, you have sociopathic tendencies. You may wish to get that looked at.

Any unquestioned support for Israel policy on Gaza and the people residing there within can only draw one conclusion: support for a pariah state comfortable with State sanctioned murder, because that is what it is, pure and simple.

The only reason Israel gets away with it is because of influence in Western politics, media and other areas using blatant lies and propaganda.

Fortunately the tide is turning. When a country does bad things people notice, more and more civilised people are seeing Israel for what it is, an apartheid state.

If this makes me racist, good, I will join the millions of other racists who have seen through the smoke and mirrors, I abhor what it reveals and will call you out each and every time.
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Friday, 15 January 2016 10:25:26 AM
//If this makes me racist, good//

Give 'em enough rope...
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 15 January 2016 10:43:45 AM
Keep it up Geoff.

What courage to speak up as you do.

Chek
Posted by Chek, Friday, 15 January 2016 11:05:39 AM
//Toni if my condemnation of the ongoing murder of innocent people is racist then so be it.//

It's racist when you only ever condemn ongoing murder of innocent Palestinian people. I condemn the murder of Palestinians and Jews, because I'm not a racist little toad like you.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 15 January 2016 11:42:12 AM
I have not mentioned the murder of Jews (which by the way refers to a group of people of a certain religion). We have been writing about Palestinians.

I too condemn the murder of Israels like any normal person would.

So Toni, please explain how this makes me a 'racist toad' as you like to personally attack me as.

Your argument is fatally flawed as you have demonstrated. It is people like you whom perpetuate blind hatred in this world. And to what end? It is obvious from your posts and the mention of 'Jews' it is related to a religious bent.

Are you Jewish by any chance?
Posted by Geoff of Perth, Saturday, 16 January 2016 1:34:53 AM
Just found this thread - I've been distracted by reading about the quarter of a million deaths in Syria since 2011, ISIS and ISIS-affiliated terrorist attacks which have killed tens of thousands in the past year in Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Somalia, Kenya, Chad, Tunisia, Libya, ..... across to the Philippines, Indonesia and even Parramatta. ISIS has just massacred hundreds at Deir ez-Zur and taken many others to Raqqa as slaves.

So what's this about Palestine ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 18 January 2016 8:55:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy