The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > European Union drowns in sea of inconsistencies on Palestine > Comments

European Union drowns in sea of inconsistencies on Palestine : Comments

By David Singer, published 8/1/2016

Indeed there is territory-specific legislation to the contrary that confirms the legal right of Jews to settle in Judea and Samaria and East Jerusalem.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All
Just for you Armchair

ISRAEL'S National Anthem - HATIKVAH "Hope" with English and Hebrew lyrics ( Longer version ) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_9N1ldPtQ8

Enjoy
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 12 January 2016 12:21:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with you entirely, Armchair Critic.

The Jews in the western world use their influence to help the Jews, and the Muslims in the western world use their influence to help the Muslims. The Chinese in the western world use their influence to help Chinese. The Indians in the western world use their influence to help Indians. The Pacific Islanders in the western world use their influence to help the Pacific Islanders.

I am an Australian, and I wish that all of thee foreigners would stay in their own countries and help themselves. And I wish that Australia politicians remembered that it was their first duty to help Australians, not Jews, Muslims, Chinese, Indians, and Pacific Islanders. Unless, of course, these people display their allegiance to Australia by displaying that their primary loyalty is towards my people. Then I will consider them "Australians".

But I think that everybody is just as racist as I am, and nearly everybody gives their primary loyalty towards their own race, creed and culture. So what the western world is becoming is a nation of tribes. States within states. Here in Australia, we already have an 'aboriginal" flag for aborigines. I wonder how long it will be before we have flags for every other ethnicity in Australia? Already the Australian flag is being sneered at as representing only white Australians.
Posted by LEGO, Wednesday, 13 January 2016 3:13:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes Sir Isaac Isaacs was Australian born, Jewish, and Australia's first Australian born Govenor General.

And admittedly John Monash was born in Melbourne, Jewish, and Australia's greatest General.
Posted by plantagenet, Wednesday, 13 January 2016 11:37:36 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Isaacs#Opposition_to_political_Zionism

Following the King David Hotel bombing in 1946, he wrote that "the honour of Jews throughout the world demands the renunciation of political Zionism". Isaacs' main objections to Political Zionism were:-

"A negation of Democracy, and an attempt to revert to the Church-State of bygone ages.
Provocative anti-Semitism.
Unwarranted by the Balfour Declaration, the Mandate, or any other right; contrary to Zionist assurances to Britain and to the Arabs and in present conditions unjust to other Palestinians politically and to other religions.
As regards unrestricted immigration, a discriminatory and an undemocratic camouflage for a Jewish State.
An obstruction to the consent of the Arabs to the peaceful and prosperous settlement in Palestine of hundreds of thousands of suffering European Jews, the victims of Nazi atrocities; and provocative of Moslem antagonism within and beyond the Empire, and consequently a danger to its integrity and safety.
Inconsistent in demanding on one hand, on a basis of a separate Jewish nationality everywhere Jews are found, Jewish domination in Palestine, and at the same time claiming complete Jewish equality elsewhere than in Palestine, on the basis of a nationality common to the citizens of every faith."

Isaacs said "the Zionist movement as a whole...now places its own unwarranted interpretation on the Balfour Declaration, and makes demands that are arousing the antagonism of the Moslem world of nearly 400 millions, thereby menacing the safety of our Empire, endangering world peace and imperiling some of the most sacred associations of the Jewish, Christian, and Moslem faiths. Besides their inherent injustice to others these demands would, I believe, seriously and detrimentally affect the general position of Jews throughout the world.."
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 13 January 2016 8:51:25 PM
Funny that Sir Isaac Isaacs said that (above) in 1946 before Israel was created.

Did I not say a little while back that they messed up on day one and that by day two they had effectively peeved the Palestinians off and that the Palestinians now had a legitimate reason to fight back?

70yrs later and the Pro-Jewish side wants to argue with me and attack my free speech but in truth, THEY were stupid enough not to listen to their own peoples good advice back then before this started, and then they foolishly want to use THAT SAME PERSON to try to win an argument with me now.

Sometimes I don't even have to try.
You really make it all too easy and make yourselves look stupid.

Poor old Isaac Isaacs hey,
Silly fool should have gone into politics in Israel instead.
I guess we came out on top there.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 13 January 2016 9:18:51 PM
Yes I was hoping you'd do a little homework Armchair.

Goes to show Jewish people have a diversity of views.
Posted by plantagenet, Thursday, 14 January 2016 1:12:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy