The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > 'You and me, we sweat and strain': blacks in America and the musical Show Boat > Comments

'You and me, we sweat and strain': blacks in America and the musical Show Boat : Comments

By Peter West, published 7/1/2016

A Civil Rights Act gave citizenship to black people in 1866. But success for the North and the subjugation of the South began a long period of difficult times for people of colour.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All
Dear Waverley,

In the twentieth century the challengers to the USA for superpower status were Nazi Germany, imperial Japan and the Soviet Union. As scary and bad as the US is, can you imagine Nazi Germany, imperial Japan or the Soviet Union being better than the US?
Posted by david f, Tuesday, 12 January 2016 4:17:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"To be virtuous we must remove ourselves from the economic system entirely and find a place where we can exist on subsistence farming and not pay taxes."
umm...ummm..
Australia..subsistence..
Posted by nicknamenick, Tuesday, 12 January 2016 5:12:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Goodness me. Who would have thought that discussion on a fuzzy old 1951 musical would have become discussed by so many!
Have a great day everyone, atheists as well as believers ha ha
Posted by Waverley, Wednesday, 13 January 2016 7:37:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy