The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Obama gives up on Bush's two-state solution > Comments

Obama gives up on Bush's two-state solution : Comments

By David Singer, published 20/11/2015

These two provisions – oozing unadulterated Jew-hatred – represent a permanent roadblock to ever concluding negotiations with the PLO under the Roadmap.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Hi mikk,

Suppose that the Kurds expand their hold on territory in northern Syria/Iraq and declared that they would be happy to provide a safe and permanent 'homeland for the Yazidis'. I don't think we would infer from that that a Kurdish state would be a theocracy.

Israel is home for well over a million Arabs, Muslim and Christian. If you can point us to a Muslim theocracy which is was comfortable with a fifth of its population not actually being of the dominant faith, that it allows and funds their schools and places of worship, I'll pay attention :)

Is it true, mikk, that in Israel, on the Temple Mount, around the al-Aqsa Mosque, built (like so many conquerors do) right on top of the ruins of the Temple of Solomon, that by law Hebrew is not to be spoken ? i.e. that the Israeli government enforces a law that their language is not to be spoken on this part of their territory ? Can you point to any Muslim country, Saudi or Turkey or Iran, where Arabic or Turkish or Farsi is not to be spoken around a synagogue built on top of one of their mosques ?

Yes, I know it's an absurd question. Do you have any answer, absurd or otherwise ?

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 23 November 2015 1:54:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ok singer you got me. You did not say it, I apologise. People like you never state the truth just the spin. Doesnt change the facts on the ground singer.
I still stand by my statement that israel is and intends to be a theocracy.

So come on singer answer my questions. Or is that too much of a waste of time for you?
Posted by mikk, Monday, 23 November 2015 5:26:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Like I said loudmouth just because some other country does bad things how does it make it ok for israel to join them?

I didnt know the kurds were a religious group. I thought they were an ethnic group. It would depend if their religious beliefs ruled their government and society. If so they would be a theocracy.
Posted by mikk, Monday, 23 November 2015 5:31:05 PM
Hi Mikk,

'I didn't know the Kurds were a religious group. I thought they were an ethnic group. It would depend if their religious beliefs ruled their government and society. If so they would be a theocracy.'

That was my point, that to offer a religious group a 'homeland' doesn't make the offering government theocratic. Precisely. No, the Kurds are not a specific religious group, it seems that one can be Sunni, Shi'ite, Yazidi, Chaldean, Assyrian, Zoroastrian, Mandean, even Jewish, and still be Kurd:

"According to recent reports, there are between 400-730 Jewish families living in the Kurdish region. On October 18, the Kurdistan Regional Government named Sherzad Omar Mamsani, a Kurdish Jew, as the Jewish representative of the Ministry of Endowment and Religious Affairs." [Wikipedia]

I believe that at one time, the Western Australian government offered Zionists room for a Jewish homeland in the Kimberley. I don't know why they knocked it back. As well, the British offered pat of Uganda as a Jewish homeland. But I don't recall the Western Australian or British governments being theocratic at the time.

Just trying to help :)

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 23 November 2015 6:03:05 PM
#mikk

Well well...
"Ok singer you got me. You did not say it, I apologise. People like you never state the truth just the spin."

You don't even know how to apologise gracefully and sincerely.

Tell me one specific example you can point to where I have not told the truth just the spin - or apologise and withdraw that remark as well.
Posted by david singer, Monday, 23 November 2015 7:28:53 PM
Everything you say is spin and lies singer.
Posted by mikk, Tuesday, 24 November 2015 2:00:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy