The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > A new pro-corporate tier to Australia's government and judiciary > Comments

A new pro-corporate tier to Australia's government and judiciary : Comments

By Thomas Faunce, published 5/11/2015

The newly signed Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) includes a chapter that marks a turning point in the diminution of democratic sovereignty in Australia.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
imacentristmoderate

"Your projecting"

Notice how the statist, when challenged, descends immediately into ad hominem, and mind-reading - i.e. personal abuse?

"he said that if a majority of people vote to protect themselves from pollution, the investor can force us to accept pollution, even if it kills us."

Notice how the statist just *emotes*, rather than engaging in any dialogue of reason?

Tell you what, I'll use the same argument method you are using, imacentristmoderate, and see how you like it. The government can force us to be caged and raped, even if it kills us, and that's what the author is advocating.

There. How do you like it? Does that satisfy your intellectual standards? Because that's the level you're operating at.

You have in no way advanced the discussion beyond my original, devastating, critique:
" All he does is repeat the assumption, over and over again, that investment is a somehow anti-social and undesirable activity, and that governments presumptively know better what investments should be made."

That's all you've done.

You and the author have made no attempt to come to terms with the issues, and show no signs of even recognising what they are.

There is no need for my to re-state my argument, since you and the author have completely failed to answer is, and this invalidates everything the author says.

Until you actually answer the points I make with reason - not just squarking emotions and running evasions about how we're all going to die unless you get your way - you have completely failed to make your case or answer mine
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Tuesday, 10 November 2015 2:47:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jardine K Jardine, takes one to know one, libertarianism is the new ism. i am a conservative, we invented freedom. Please show me where i said it is compulsory for Chinese or American investors to invest in the land of OZ. Please provide the video of me holding guns to the heads of investors forcing them to buy into strategic Australian assets. There are quarrying companies digging up rocks all over the world. Take the Adani proposal in central Queensland, they could just as easily be digging up coal in Mongolia.
Posted by imacentristmoderate, Tuesday, 10 November 2015 6:04:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ima

My argument is not ad hominem.

You are the one arguing, or rather assuming, that investment in productive activity is somehow anti-social and needs to be forcibly suppressed.

No-one has suggested that overseas investors are being forced to invest here, so that's a straw man.

But both you and the author agree with the forcibly suppression of investment activities that would otherwise take place, and at no stage have you or he provided any reason for your anti-social, destructive, bullying behaviour
Posted by Jardine K. Jardine, Wednesday, 11 November 2015 9:53:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy