The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Being serious about cities > Comments

Being serious about cities : Comments

By Syd Hickman, published 27/10/2015

Planning by all authorities would be greatly enhanced if the Commonwealth set out a population policy, in discussion with other parties and the Australian people.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Dear Syd,
I hate your idea of filling up all these sites like Holsworthy etc with more housing and development. Just leave them as they are. But I agree on the need for a population policy.

Have a look at www.wewilldecide.info for an idea about how we can decide on population from the bottom up, rather than the top down approach which has delivered so many problems in the past.
Posted by Philip Howell, Tuesday, 27 October 2015 9:13:47 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Syd

Nooo, Nooo!

Ya can't move the military bases. For they are full of unique people, with one or two strange senses of humours.

Also real wildlife and green plants abound in them.

Have you no sense of Australia's military menageries?

Thou cannost be complicit.

Your Umble Servant

Poida
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 27 October 2015 5:47:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Syd, i have never seen one single improvement in any City in decades. They are getting way worse & way too big. we should be shrinking & UN-developing them. We also need to give women incentives to marry, have children early & stay married for life. Every public housing project i have seen has inbuilt obsolescence designed into it, with poor quality building materials. So that maintenance jobs are created, buildings are bulldozed & replaced constantly.

There are bigger problems that need solving first. Our system of government no longer works, needs re-invigorating, improving. All 3 levels are UN-accountable & that is causing the problems you speak of.
Posted by imacentristmoderate, Friday, 30 October 2015 5:29:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy