The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > Article Comments > Is medical care in Nauru all it's cracked up to be? > Comments

Is medical care in Nauru all it's cracked up to be? : Comments

By Kellie Tranter, published 20/10/2015

Further footage allegedly taken on the road to Nauru hospital in July this year also calls into question the adequacy of utilities and infrastructure servicing the Nauru hospital.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
I don't know about anyone else I'm sick and tired of people complaining about medical care and other benefits accorded to these asylum seekers. They come to our country, some illegally, others quite deceitfully, and drain every single benefit from us they can. And we're dupable and naive enough to repeatedly accede to their every demand ! Why, because we're terrified of that morally corrupt mob the United Nations.

Some years back when I was shift sergeant in general duties, I got my squad to cruise the parks and reserves of inner Sydney and it's environs. Whereupon we'd find many of our older citizens, those poor forgotten souls, who through no fault of their own, are consigned to oblivion.

Most had no choice but to sleep rough in these parks, consequently becoming easy prey to gangs of marauding youth roaming unchecked through these places. So why doesn't government look after these destitute people ? Give them even 'a quarter of the benefits' these asylum seekers get ! After all, aren't they legitimate Australians who's only problem is, some reversal they've had in their lives that caused them to lead an appalling existence of vagrancy, impoverishment and privation ?

From my albeit relatively brief exposure to many of these people, they'd be extremely grateful, over the moon even, for 'anything extra' the government might consider giving them, starting with just a rudimentary roof over their heads, during the winter months ?

To the asylum seekers, if you're not happy with what, we the Australian taxpayer are giving you, get the hell out of our country, your whinging bastards, and be quick about it !
Posted by o sung wu, Tuesday, 20 October 2015 1:32:47 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If we are detaining innocent people indefinitely without trial we have an obligation to ensure they have adequate medical treatment
Posted by Rhian, Tuesday, 20 October 2015 4:03:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Rhian

You need to understand that once two government health bureaucracies spend $millions on Nauruan health their job is done. Whether it results in a health improvement outcome is a totally different issue.

You should at least be impressed by Yes Minister's hospital without patients!

As Kellie's fine article indicates "we've provided $26 million to help refurbish the Nauruan hospital....According to the Aid Program Performance Report 2013-14 the Australian Government did agree to refurbish the Nauru hospital following a fire in August 2013, and immediately after the fire Australia reallocated $1.2 million of funding to restock all pharmaceuticals.."

As Australia is working with an island built on Guano, presided over by a largely non-resident, clueless Nauruan leadership with more bank accounts than Shorten's union mates in Melbourne, what do you expect?
Posted by plantagenet, Tuesday, 20 October 2015 5:27:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Kellie's at it again! Bashing Australia.
Let us stop any payment to lawyers for any appearance they make in the courts for any of these bludgers and the problem will disapear immediately.
i listened to the ABC recording and felt the woman was an obvious fraud. I bet if she is ever checked that the child will have a Somali Father rather than a Naruan.
Hey let's do that and we can soon find the Naruan rapist or maybe not?
These people have no shame they will fabricate and lie to us backed by the sleazy legal profession who are being paid millions of our taxpayer dollars.
Posted by JBowyer, Tuesday, 20 October 2015 5:41:22 PM
Hi Plantagenet

You say:

“As Australia is working with an island built on Guano, presided over by a largely non-resident, clueless Nauruan leadership with more bank accounts than Shorten's union mates in Melbourne, what do you expect”

I agree. Even with a large spend, the chances of Australia delivering an adequate health service for detainees on Nauru are pretty small. Which is one of many reasons why we shouldn’t be detaining people there
Posted by Rhian, Tuesday, 20 October 2015 5:42:25 PM
What is an acceptable level of care? More or less than Aussies enjoy?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 20 October 2015 7:50:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy